RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hmmm...Not sure, but I'm willing to bet most people here will be able to tell you what exhaust to put on a Kawasaki Mean Streak.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Steveo......it's okay buddy.....I have and ride an '02 Meanstreak but I had a '99 Bandit 1200 that I built the motor on and it was a blast. I had a Yoshimura full race exhaust but Two Brothers is a good company and make nice exhausts. You have to check with them and see if they have a can that fits your stock header on the back. I would go with a stainless one if they do.

·
Registered
923 Posts
a quick google search just told me it will fit. Two brothers was my favorite exhaust back in the day. I used to throw it on all the sport bikes I had. best sound out there in my opinion. (well for those kind of bikes that is :wink:)

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
NY...you mean the "howling wolf effect"? Talk about waking up the neighborhood.....at least now the neighbors can also "feel" the vibration with the sound....of a menacing V-twin.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
JIm's Mt. St. Helen's pics 090.jpg Steveo....here is a photo of my old '99 Bandit 1200...great bike, it was a screamer. I'm getting too old to ride in the more cramped positions, hence the comfort and fun of the meanstreak. I could do 200 mile days back when I had the bandito, miss the thrust of the built motor. Thunder mfg. makes a 100 inch piston and cam kit for the meanstreak that makes 'em very fast....maybe someday...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Meanie idk if you would to know the answer to this but my 1st gear has lost a lot of power it almost feels like the clutch is going out but when I take off from 2nd gear the bike acts fine. Did yours do that any?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Meanie idk if you would to know the answer to this but my 1st gear has lost a lot of power it almost feels like the clutch is going out but when I take off from 2nd gear the bike acts fine. Did yours do that any?
Does this only happen when you try to take off fast in 1st or anytime you're in 1st? If the engine doesn't sputter or otherwise run poorly, and you don't hear gear teeth grinding, it would pretty much have to be the clutch. How many miles are on your Bandit?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts