RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
COPIED FROM 650 Forum:

Hey all,

Just wanted to update everyone on my situation with Two Brothers. For those of you who don't know, my CF can fell off of my bike (broke off at the rivets where the can connects to the manifold).

I called Two Bros after it happened, and I told them what happened. The customer service rep told me that the CF can wasn't covered by warranty (I wonder why :jerkit but that they would send me a new aluminum can free of charge if I sent the broken one back to them (yet again, i wonder why they wanted it?)

I paid 30 bux to overnight the broken pipe, and about a week later, they sent me a new aluminum pipe, but no installation hardware. I called them again, and they overnighted me some hardware. I've notice that they've changed the installation. When i bought my pipe last year, they had a weird mounting setup (i'm sure some of you have it). It involved using a custom piece that they gave you with the pipe (a aluminum "block") to mount the canister clamp onto the frame. Now they actually have an extension that mounts directly to the frame using the rubber grommets that were originally in the stock exhaust. I believe that this works TONS better than the old setup. I installed it a couple of days ago and I went on a 200 mile ride yesterday and the can still feels a lot more snug than it used to.

All in all, I believe that Two Brothers knows that they have problems with their CF on the 650's. That's why there was no problem with them sending me a new exhaust for no charge, and that's why they wanted it back for research. Hopefully nobody else will have this problem, but if you do, just know that Two Bros has great customer service and they will probably help you out. I know it sucks that they will only send you an aluminum can instead of a CF can, but in my opinion, the aluminum is WAY better for our bikes.

·
Registered
540 Posts
i bet they didn't reimburse you the MSRP difference between CF and Alum either.

I went through the same thing and not only did I decide to send Two Bros to where the sun don't shine, I sold the alum they sent me and kept the CF they wanted back for "testing" purposes.

Oh and they sent me a shirt.

Wankers.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
CF canisters are a stupid idea anyway. Ive designed carbon fiber aerospace parts for years, and I can tell you as an exhaust canister structural piece held together with pop rivets, its a terrible design.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sputnik,

I'm jealous, they didn't even send me a shirt! I just needed a muffler bad and I didnt want to spend 500 bucks for a new one.

I am looking at a Yoshi pipe. anyone have one? they seem like they're pretty nice.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sputnik,

I'm jealous, they didn't even send me a shirt! I just needed a muffler bad and I didnt want to spend 500 bucks for a new one.

I am looking at a Yoshi pipe. anyone have one? they seem like they're pretty nice.
You can't go wrong with the Yoshi. See the test and sound clips in my sig.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Glad it worked out. My 650 came with an aliuminum 2bro exhaust, no issues yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts