RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2003 Bandit S this year and after I almost got run over turning left, I checked and discovered that in the daytime the front turn signals are so recessed, and dim, that a person can't really see them blinking off and on (!). I'm going to look into the possibility getting brighter bulbs but this seems like a glaring oversight on Suzuki's part. Has this been an issue for anyone else?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have Bandit 1200 S 1999 Model with luggage bracket and the turn signals were positioned on the outer-side of the brackets and were very visible in my opinion, however I had comments from other riders that the signals were dim so they often did not notice them in bright of the day. I recently removed the brackets and installed led back light with built in blinkers and they are very visible in strong sunlight and my fellow riders are all going to go the same way... it looks rather pretty also :)
Best regards
Jacnor

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
If they're recessed and dim then they're probably aftermarket LED pieces of junk. Stock signals are on stalks and stick out pretty far.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys are absolutely right! With your heads-up, I looked up a bunch of Google images of Bandit 1200S. I had no idea my bike had tiny recessed aftermarket turn signals in front! I'll be scaring up some actual turn signals with stalks before I get creamed making a left turn. Thanks again... I like the Bandit otherwise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts