RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm doing an install of new turn signals on the front of the bike, is there a how to on this?
Do I cut the wires by the mount point?
Or do I have to remove the headlight assembly and do the cut splice there?
Thaks for all your help, hope I can finish it today

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
So I figured it out and since I couldn't find any reference anywhere I looked I took some pictures for people looking to change out their turn signals.

First take off your wind screen, by removing the 4 allen bolts

Next remove the two nuts holding the wind screen retainer in place

Then lift and wiggle the headlight assembly towards the front and place it on your fender make sure to use a rag no to scratch your fender.

Here are the wire connectors, just unplug the old ones and plug in the new ones, one of them wont be used anymore, in my case it was the red/blue stripe one.

I reused the entire rubber bushing and metal backplate that was on there, only thing I had to drill out a bigger hole for the new signals.

View from the other side.

After I installed them

When you reassemble make sure you align the rubber bushing with the pin on the headlight assembly

·
Registered
217 Posts
The Z Manual is out there im sure you can find it if not people on the forum have it.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Good writeup, I didn't go to all the trouble of taking off the headlight like you did but that would have probably made it easier thinking back

1 - 6 of 6 Posts