RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a 2006 ninja 650R and I am trying to give it the streetfighter look. I have been searching around for a headlight that will fit and have enough room to put my intruments behind it. Could someone help me out on this one I just ordered an integrated tail light, some neon lights and a LED light for the license plate mount as well. I will put some pics up when I get everything in. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the single 7" headlight from aztec8. They also sell a universal bracket for your instruments for around 30 bucks, though you'll have the cut out the shape and drill the holes yourself. I ended up buying a KOSO DB-01r gauge instead because I didn't like how large the stock gauges looked on the bike.

BTW, this is an '07.

streetfighter2.jpg

·
Registered
318 Posts
The Aztec 8 light looks good, and you can get similar lights and brackets for much less money from other sources, such as Mike's XS (or even eBay). You could mount the stock clocks to the top triple clamp or to the back of the headlight bucket, or switch to something smaller, like Trail Tech's Vapor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought the single 7" headlight from aztec8. They also sell a universal bracket for your instruments for around 30 bucks, though you'll have the cut out the shape and drill the holes yourself. I ended up buying a KOSO DB-01r gauge instead because I didn't like how large the stock gauges looked on the bike.

BTW, this is an '07.

View attachment 58289
How did you rewire the headlights?

·
Registered
364 Posts
How did you rewire the headlights?
What exactly do you want to know ? I wrote up this thread yesterday - let me know if it’s not what you’re looking for

·
Registered
131 Posts
The stock setup uses 2 lamps, a high lamp, and a low lamp. When the switch is on lo-beam, the low lamp is on. When the system is on hi-beam, both lamps are on.

There are three ways to do a two-headlight setup:

1. a low bulb in one side and a high bulb in the other. This is the H7 setup and it mimics stock.
  2. same bulb in each with a single power. Since you should have them on all the time, the switch becomes available for switching something else on and off.
  3. each light has the same bulb, each with a low/hi filament. This allows you to mimic stock behavior with a dual-filament bulb in two headlights, but you need to do some rewiring because two bulbs can run on high, together, but both running high and low at the same time is too much of a drain on the battery. This is the H4 setup and it's what I did.
I still have the schematic I drew up for it if you choose a dual H4 route.

My bike without the tank, so you can see the headlights:

20200831_161222.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts