RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, not the big, fun Triumph triple I've been after, but it's still a triple! And probably my favorite bike ever!

Click HERE.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Triple,

Well, you can ignore the post I made not 20 minutes ago to a thread you started in a SBW forum (not the one you linked to).

What a sweet-looking bike. Hey, the Daytona 955i will be around for a while, but the chance to get a bike like this one doesn't come around that often. You made the better move.

If you get a chance, post a few more pix.

·
MotoMacGyver
2,545 Posts
Cool bike! Saw a couple of these up for auction on Ebay. Who knows. All you'd need to do is adapt some fairings, get some new decals, perhaps ones that say "Daytona"..... :)

So, does that mean you're selling the ZR? I know you posted a while ago that you intended to (at least I think it was you).

Have fun with your new toy.

Emrah

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
Ring-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding...

You are going to turn a lot of heads when you ride. I will never forget riding behind one back in the mid-seventies, I still remember the swing arm bending back and forth left to right about one inch when the guy was making a tight turn. I was on my RD-350.

Andy

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I was going to sell my ZR-7, but I have changed my mind. I've seen both in classifieds and on eBay that our bikes have very poor resale value, and I'd never get enough back out of mine to make it worth my while. Also, the more and more I thought about it, the more I knew that I'd never find a better commuting bike than the ZR-7.

So, my new plan is to just sell all my cars. My Monte, my Buick, my two awesome new engines-- it's all going to make revenue for my new home and (don't tell the lil lady) motorcycles. I'm buying the H-2, I'm keeping the ZR-7, and-- gasp-- I think I'm buying the Daytona, too. Hey, if you're going to go in over your head, you may as well do it with something you love, right?

To own and ride all three of my very favorite bikes-- it'll be just like Tom said, motorcycle heaven.

·
MotoMacGyver
2,545 Posts
You're selling all your cars, and making way for 3- count-em 3 bikes? And your girlfriend doesn't know about it?

Just make sure you're not around the proverbial "fan" when you tell her. It could get messy :)

Emrah

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, she sort of knows about my plan now. She told me that if I spend all that money on the Daytona, she won't speak to me for as long as I own it.

Sounds like a win-win situation to me...

·
West Coast Moderator
12,994 Posts
Decisions....decisions....hmmm....(Jeopary theme plays in the background)....... "I'll take quiet wives and loud motorcycles for $500, Alex":laugh:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Loud motorcycles is right. The Daytona and the H-2 are hands down the best sounding motorcycles I've ever heard. There's something about a triple-- especially a two-stroke triple, there's just a certain harmony between the three individual screams of the cylinders... you really just have to experience it for yourself. And the Daytona-- the induction roar that thing has is just awesome. It may not go as fast as a GSX-R1000, but compare the two by sound alone and you'd swear the Triumph would rip the Suzuki to pieces.

I'm completely obsessed. Is this healthy? :eek:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You should see all the strange creations owners of these triples come up with. Check out this pic below-- this thing started life as the same bike I have pictured above in my first post. Pretty awesome, I think, especially for those of us who love that naked look.

And click HERE to see H-2 innovation taken to the extreme.

·
West Coast Moderator
12,994 Posts
Cool!!!!!:cool:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't know what I did. She's just kooky like that. If she agrees with something, you have like a one day window or your *** out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts