RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paul got his stuff today for the triple chrome process. I just got back from his shop to chat with him about it. It's a pretty significant intestment on his part. He still has some setting up to do and establishing a dedicated and properly ventilated area in one of his buildings. I'll be learning the process and will be involved with much of it. If you have any interest in getting parts chromed or rechromed in the future, drop Paul a line and let him know there are customers out there. He's thinking of having chroming parties in the future which would certainly help with the cost on your part. Again, if you might have any interest in the future, email him and let him know. It'll get him excited.

Paul's email: [email protected]

·
Registered
299 Posts
Freakin awesome!! I've been wanting to get a good chroming buddy!

Reactions: Steammaker

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Damn, I just painted an inner engine cover! That's great, I'm sure Conmar can keep him in business ;)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Already pointed out numerous parts I'd like chromed on Saturday at Diamond Jim's when we were there for the Heart of Dixie Riding and Wrenching Tour. I'm looking forward to it!

·
Registered
764 Posts
I've moved away from chrome myself, but I suspect that as he puts out jobs and shows quality work he will get a lot more of business from locals than from us Mean Streak owners. Around here if you want it chromed - and to look good - you have to send it out of state.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I have a couple small things i'd like done over....is it looking expensive?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It uses a series of 6.5 gallon buckets. They are similar in dimension to common 5 gallon buckets but taller. Each is filled with about 5 gallons of the required chemicals with 1.5 gallon of space left over for displacement by the items. I think it's safe to say that whatever can fit in a 5 gallon bucket Paul will be able to chrome.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
:Wow1: NEED BIGGER BUCKETS....... :Wow1: Our wheels wont fit in whacha got... :woot:
Wheels & inner engine cover's my top pics...

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I'm thinking an 18" round container, deep enough to submerge wheels laid flat, and we could do wheels. How big around is a plastic 55 gallon drum? I could probably lay hands on enough if they're big enough. How many buckets?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The problem with this setup I have is amperage. It takes 12volts and 1 amp per sq inch. So a wheel is a whole lot of sq inches. The power supply I have at the moment is not big enough to do a intake. A 7" round x 3/4" thick piece of metal is 18sq inches. Leave the big stuff to the professionals.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts