RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this product called the Green Light Traffic Trigger. This is for all of us that get stuck at Red Lights and the light won't change b/c there's not enough metal on our bikes to trigger the switch. Well, these guys came up with a magnet that helps us out. More information here. GreenLightTrigger.com
Costs $7.95 and shipping is free.

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
I bet you this guy never gets stuck at a red light. Now that's what I call using your head.

Andy

edited in photoshop

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have read that the Green Light Trigger does not work. However, if you are stuck at a light all you have to do is kick your side or center stand down to the pavement where the sensor is and it normally works.

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Andy Bajka said:
I bet you this guy never gets stuck at a red light. Now that's what I call using your head.

Andy

edited in photoshop
....and his kinfolk said, Jed move away from there, Californi is the place you ought to be, so he loaded up his....:D

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
croster said:
I have read that the Green Light Trigger does not work. However, if you are stuck at a light all you have to do is kick your side or center stand down to the pavement where the sensor is and it normally works.
If that doesn't work... I just drop the bike. Not very elegant but it ALWAYS works.

Tom how did you know that is what happened? Here is a recording of the great event!

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/2587/sound2.htm

Andy

·
Silver Member
207 Posts
I've got one of the Green Light Triggers on my bike.

I've been using the "reach back with your foot and lower the center stand" trick with limited success. There are a couple of lights on my way to work that won't change even doing that. There are a couple more in the neighborhood that the center stand trick works on. I haven't found a light yet that wouldn't trip before but will trip now without putting down the centerstand.

I suppose the bright side is that I only coughed up $7 and there are other uses for magnets.

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Forget the dang magnets, look east, west, north and south, and bust the damn light...hey it's not a felony!! Just be sure you don't miss the drunk driver and get whacked....magnets...we don't need no stinkin' magnets....:~

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
No refrigerator in America should be without at least one good magnet. So if it doesn't work for traffic lights, it'll hold up the kids' art work, pizza coupons or a shopping list. :cool:

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
On my way to work this morning I tried the kickstand trick, and I gotta say I'm impressed. Since it was raining I took mostly back roads and I hit all red lights. I sat at one for about a minute (on the patch). Then I put the kick stand down and it changed. I've blown that same intersection many times because it change. Pretty cool. Good tip Chris! :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry for replying to an older post. I just decided to re-register because I can't remember what my old screen name was, and don't visit too often.
I have the greenlighttrigger, and it works well in my area. It all depends on the type of trigger mechanism in your area. There are only a few lights here that don't work.
I also found that calling the lights and signs department of the city you are traveling in and complaining will get some positive results. I blew a light late one night and asked the closest cop what he would have done had he caught me. He said he'd have pulled me over, but probably let me off with a good explaination. He called the signs and lights dept. and had them adjust the censor and asked me to go back there sometime and let him know how it worked.

Thom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts