RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wanted to try the new cruiser performance punisher bars because of their advertised 13" of pullback and it being a 1.5" bar. They showed up and they looked great, nice powdercoating and welds. Unfortunately they use a 12mm bolt versus our 10 but thats not the biggest disappointment. They had exactly the same amount of pullback as stock. Its another case of manufacturers measuring their bars differently. I would have been willing to drill the trees if they had been 13" of pullback but no such luck.

Wanted to give others fair warning if wanting to try the same bars.

Going to try a set of Wild1 bars made for harleys next. I have some of those adapter studs around my garage some place.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are for 1/2" versus 12mm. I've got a set of those studs though so I can use harley 1/2" bars, just need to go through the boxes in the garage.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Those are for 1/2" versus 12mm. I've got a set of those studs though so I can use harley 1/2" bars, just need to go through the boxes in the garage.
Sorry, I'm not that familiar with US measures. I just know that those were what I needed when I got a pair of risers fitting HD. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The cruiser performance bars are actually made for metrics. It just happened to use a slightly larger metric bolt. My bike will be a freak soon. Harley bars and pegs and a honda headlight. No one has any idea what it is already.

·
Registered
860 Posts
The cruiser performance bars are actually made for metrics. It just happened to use a slightly larger metric bolt. My bike will be a freak soon. Harley bars and pegs and a honda headlight. No one has any idea what it is already.
Welcome to that club. I have HD Roadking bars, Badland risers, floorboards, Honda (VTX) headlight and more. Those who truly know their bikes know it's a Mean Streak. Most others still ask if it's a Harley. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I have harley bars on it now. At the time I bought them 2 years ago the harleys were just starting the black out thing and this was the only option. I've got about 2" more pullback but I'm looking for something with even more because of my shoulder injuries/surgeries. Plus I want to take full advantage of my mustang backrest in a more natural position.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Yeah I have harley bars on it now. At the time I bought them 2 years ago the harleys were just starting the black out thing and this was the only option. I've got about 2" more pullback but I'm looking for something with even more because of my shoulder injuries/surgeries. Plus I want to take full advantage of my mustang backrest in a more natural position.
You may want to consider the modification I have. The biggest asset for leaning back on the Mustang backrest is the pullback risers and the bars. The bars are a buckhorn style and the risers are 8" pullbacks, which means they are bent @ 50 degrees to offer more pullback. I can rest comfortably on my backrest with arms still bent. Though, the only issue you would need to keep in mind is you will be eliminating the sports style of the bike and making it more cruiser style.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The next set are supposed to be low rise T-bars with 14.5" of pullback. Should look similar to the kewl metal riser that lowers the bars and pulls them back. I would really like to stick with a 1-piece bar, if it doesn't work I'll be getting something custom made. This will be my 4th set of bars trying to get it right and its getting real old.

·
Registered
860 Posts
The next set are supposed to be low rise T-bars with 14.5" of pullback. Should look similar to the kewl metal riser that lowers the bars and pulls them back. I would really like to stick with a 1-piece bar, if it doesn't work I'll be getting something custom made. This will be my 4th set of bars trying to get it right and its getting real old.

:agree: Yep, been there done that. Trial and error.

Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts