RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent a large portion of today at the local DMV to license a trailer. It seems California has started a new program. Instead of me having to pay for tags every year, the trailer was assigned a "permanent" plate. I paid $33.00 for the plate and the "pink slip" and the plate is good for 5 years. In 2007 I pay $10.00 for 10 more years. Kinda cool I think. The trailer is an older dune buggy trailer that came as a "build it youself" kit (2 rail type) and I added some center support and expanded metal (so I can haul all my toys), and since it's "home made" it is classified as "special construction" carrier. I don't know if new factory built trailers are getting the same treatment, but if you're looking to go with a trailer to haul your toys around on , it may be worth looking into.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wisconsin doesn't require trailer plates, but here in Michigan they do, yearly. Just don't get caught pulling a Wis trailer with a MI truck, they don't care if it belongs to your dad in Wis, Should've borrowed his truck too, now here's your ticket.:yell:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts