RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a small nick on my tank that is starting to rust. Id like to get to it asap to keep it from getting to bad. I went to the dealer and was informed that they dont carry touch up paint. I was told to check out http://www.colorrite.com/ I was able to find my color but at $16 a pop and needing the base coat and top coat its a little out of my price range right now. Does any body know of any other place besides color rite that would have the paint i need for a cheaper price.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Other online suppliers have the same astronomical prices. www.bikecolours.com/ is another one. It looks that they know these motorcycles paints are a mix of several proprietary blends difficult to decode and almost unobtainable.

I knew my paint code, but did not help. I tried going to paint shops and their decoding guns could not detect the blends. They could experiment with mixes until matching it but that was ridiculously expensive also. I was planing on painting the whole tail of a '91 Zephyr, and at those prices, I passed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
you could always try the cheapo method of trying to find a duplicolor touch up pen that matches or comes close. i have a shelf load of these things ans have had good luck so far and at 6 bucks its cheap

1 - 3 of 3 Posts