RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Silver Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is REALLY off topic, but here goes...

How many of you (us) are using an alternative music sharing program since Napster bit the dust? Bearshare, Gnutella, File Navigator, WinMX, etc.etc.etc. And while we're on the subject, who has pangs of guilt, angst attacks or have taken the moral high ground of just not doing it?

Just wondering...

Blu

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
I don't know about "moral high ground". Paying a minimum of $35.00 for a concert ticket (each, plus parking, $5.00 a beer, $20.00 t-shirts) sounds like more of a rip-off than down loading music. I doubt we'll see the day "Motley Crue" is standing on a corner with a sign "WILL WORK FOR FOOD". And if you don't take advantage of "free" music while it's there, someone else will before it gets shut down. But, for the sake of convenience, I just buy the CD's as I go through the stores. I don't buy that many, anyway. My pick-up came with this am/fm stereo gadget that picks up free music, and I don't have to hear those annoying plastic cases rattling around the cab with every bump. :mad:

Works for me :cool:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I harly download music at all, unless I'm checking out a new band/musician to see if I would want to buy their CD. I guess you could chalk me up in the 'moral high ground' category.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Music

OK...Call me a pirate...! I download tons. of music every night and burn it to my CD's. It's great! I'm not buying CD's any more. I'm using Morpheus and WinMX. Normally when I used to buy CD's only one or two songs were my favorities from the whole album..Now I can create my own albums with only the songs I like. I only have a 56k connection at home, so I just look all the songs that I want or I'm in the mood, "query" them and leave the program downloading all night. When the Music Industry shutdown Napster it really "backkfire" becuase now they can not stop all these new "peer-to-peer sharing software systems/protocols" .

Free Software for All.....!

http://www.infoanarchy.org/?op=special&page=mission

1 - 4 of 4 Posts