RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put in 50 miles today: no clouds, slight offshore breeze, high 70 temps, and an A1 650r = fun, fun, fun. the cruise came on the heels of a six-day driving trip ('08 scion xB) to kcmo to retrieve stuff my older daughter left behind 4-5 years ago, in her friend's basement.

talked to a guy riding a warrior with a nice-sounding aftermarket exhaust. he bought the warrior after having ridden a z750x for a while.

oh, and btw, i'm gonna be a gramps in february. stuff picked up from kcmo is for the baby's mom.

a boy, noah.

·
Registered
98 Posts
KCMO= Kansas City, Missouri?

Oh, and congrats grandpa! We almost named our son Noah, we decided on Tristen instead.

·
Banned
679 Posts
Maybe it's time for a baby seat mod?

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Congrats OLD MAN. :)

No grand kids for me yet. At least none I know about.

I rode the Ninja to work yesterday and then hopped on the KLR when I got home and rode 40 miles of dirt road to get to the polling place 4 miles from my home.

Going to dip into the 20s this weekend so I got to get the heated gear sorted out and ready.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep, kcmo = kansas city, missouri.

i'm 62 and this is/will be my first grandchild. mrs sinsd and i married at 21 but didn't have kids for almost 10 years. my older daughter, noah's mom, is 28. my son, 30, and other daughter, 26, remain unmarried :(

twa, i try to avoid wearing a jacket; heated gear is not on my "want" list. LOL.

hail to fair-weather riding. LOL. hope to roll a few today. so much to do, so little time.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Congrats on the new family member.

LOL, Heated gear was never on my list of riding gear, until this week. Last weekend I went for the 1st ride on the "new to me" 650. Rode canyon/mountain byways up to 8000 ft elevation. Snow on side of road around 7000.
It was an over cast day, start of ride in Salt Lake, 4300' ele, and 50 deg F, but the further up the hill the colder it got. Did manage to get a short 130 mile ride in.

Have some family that lives in San Diego co., trying to figure out how to get bikes down there over the winter to ride some of the area.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I went out today too. It was 40 deg when we started and warmed up to almost 60. Wore a neck gaiter, long sleeved T, flannel shirt and the winter gloves that my son gave me 2 Christmas's ago and there wasn't a problem. Traveled 130 miles of twisty turny roads. Ran between 45 and 95. The only problem was the south wind. A few times I would set up for a turn, lean into it and have the wind move the bike sideways. I plan on going out with my son tomorrow.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Congratulations Steve!

There's nothing quite like having grandchildren, speaking from experience with 9 of em for the time being.

I'm getting ready to go for a ride today but it will be more than 50 miles, haven't got to do much riding here lately. Last weekend, my son and I flew down to Ft. Worth to a big air show for 2 days. F16 & F22 flew performance demos and the Blue Angels were there too.

For all you mechanical power junkies, you need to go see an F22 give a performance demonstration, downright AWESOME!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts