RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this afternoon i covered 180 miles, 'bout 70 freeway and 110 rural.

weather around here has been fickle, at least near the coast where i live. last month was declared the coolest july ever. most days it was cloudy and cool in my neighborhood, which is about two miles atcf (as the crow flies) from the water. inland, however was usually seasonably warm.

i ventured inland today and really enjoyed the cruise.

on the last leg home - along interstate 5 south - i lane split as rush-hour traffic was forcing its way into san diego from los angeles.

if you split, beware of the larger open spots ahead of you in either lane. some cars like to squeeze in. i'm always keeping a lookout, using my peripheral vision as well. i also tend to keep my split speed "within reason".

a kawi 250 rider came barreling through much too fast imo.

anyhow, fun day with primo weather, good roads, light traffic in the sticks,
and a very terrible prepackaged veggie samwidge from don's market in santa isabel - ugh and ugh again.

:D

·
Registered
540 Posts
no more than 10mph over what traffic is doing. for the thickheaded like that 250 rider - if there sitting still, that means no more than 10mph.

but yeah.. thats a no no.. to have a 250 beat one of us... you must find him and challenge him. are you REALLY going to let him go to sleep thinking he outpaced you? :)

A guy joined my group from Las Vegas with a Hayabusa. He was used to all those straights and not our PA twisties. I was always playing cat/mouse with another Hayabusa belonging to another group organizer who is a PRO rider. The Las Vegas 'busa came out with me one day and I outpaced the hell out of him. I came home with the widest grin EVER. I think I texted everyone in my phone that day.

I'm half halfheartedly joking of course - you did the right thing.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
don't misunderstand me - i enjoy riding fast. and i do - 85 or 90 sometimes - but way out on the lonely stretches of interstate. and i make sure that at least a few other vehicles are traveling faster than i am. i don't mind moving from lane 1 to lane 2 to allow others to pass.

i very rarely ride against the clock, so i don't need to be in a hurry.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds like a nice ride. Planning on taking advantage of the unseasonably cool weather this weekend up here in the Sacramento valley. Love living in CA! ...although not a huge fan of the taxes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts