RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting a couple of PR-2s and just heard about B label for the rear. I understand it has a little more rubber for two-up riding. My bike is a 2007 Bandit 1250S and my wife & I have a combine weight of about 200 pounds. Does a B label rear make sense for street and highway riding? We ride year round - just not in wet conditions if we can help it.

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,140 Posts
See if you can find the actual weight capacity in pounds of the B rated tire. I happen to have a new PR2 in 180/55ZR17 in the basement and it says max capacity 805 pounds at 42 psi. Not sure if the B1250 takes the same size. I think the B1250 is 550 pounds wet plus you and the wife and gear and luggage. Figure 60%, maybe more, of your total weight on the rear tire and go from there.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
My bike is a 2007 Bandit 1250S and my wife & I have a combine weight of about 200 pounds.
WOW! 200 lbs combined weight! You and your wife are very small persons. I wonder how you can even hold the bike up. I would think any tire that fits the bandit would carry 200 lbs of load.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OOPPS! My typo bad! Actually our combined weight is about 300 pounds. The wet weight of the B1250 is 540 pounds. Our gear would probably add another 50 pounds. That's just under 900 pounds. Split 60/40, the rear tire would be carrying about 540 pounds. If the max capacity of a regular PR2 rear is about 800 pounds, then I don't need the B label. I can use the extra $$ and buy more ice cream!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts