RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I picked up an 07 650 about 3 months ago as a graduation gift to myself and I have a couple questions about it. I picked it up used with 6400 miles on it and I'm up to 7900 now. I've been looking at tires and was curious if I would be able to fit a larger back tire on the bike without any rubbing etc. If not I'm curious as to what you guys would suggest for mostly street riding "possibly track". Also I wasn't able to find any sports bars for the 07 and was wondering if there were any, or if the sports bars for the 09 / 10 would work on my bike. Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You can put a 180 in the rear with no modification. BRP sells a kit for it, that includes a wheel & tire should you decide to purchase that option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help, I was curious as to whether it would add a little bit more width but it looks like the tire just gets pinched.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'd run whatever size is recommended for your rim size, there are plenty of good tires available in the 650R's rear sizing, from race tires to touring tires you should find something that suits your needs

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
Give the Ninja650 shop a call, they are very friendly and will tell you if and when the sportbars for the '06 - '08 bikes will be available. I know that they had to make some changes for the '09 - bikes, but I don't know if they are backward compatible.

I'm not sure why you want a wider tire. I run sport touring tires on my bike because that is what I use it for. I like the additional miles I get out of a sport touring tire. For aggressive street / track there are plenty of tires that fit that need also. Tires are like oil. Everyone has their favorite.

·
Registered
543 Posts
The different versions of the bike WILL NOT work with each other, the bolt pattern between the 1st Gen(06,07,08) is different from the 2nd Gen(09-10) we DO have the 06-08 bars IN STOCK and ready to ship out. (as well as the 2nd gen, just in case anybody was wondering! :agree: )

CLICK ME!!

Like 2wheeladdict said, give us a call if you have any questions, you can chat with Me or Jen and we should be able to get all of your questions answered!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts