RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have found a used '07 650 that I am very interested in. Needs tires and a battery. Can any one help me with what sizes the tires are and what battery is on these bike so I can price out replacements.

Thanks

·
Registered
586 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL. Nice links!!! Smart a$$

But all they do is send me to a bunch of threads with reviews. Don't have time this min to search / read all these sites for simple info. Will try later today, unless someone is kind enough to just post info needed..

·
Registered
291 Posts
Tires:
Front - 120/70/17
Rear - 160/60/17

Battery:
Stock - YTX12-BS

·
Registered
291 Posts
For the battery, I'd suggest going to Walmart and getting it there. I replaced mine at the beginning of the year, and I think I paid like $50 or so for it. Just use the catalog there and cross reference to find the correct one.

For tires, those seem like reasonable prices. If you're just looking for regular touring or sport-touring tires, I'd point you towards the Shinko brand. I was skeptical at first based off their price, but they are more than worth every penny you put into them. I ride roughly 80 miles each day to and from work, and my 009 Raven's are holding up beautifully. I won't turn this into a tire debate thread though, just thought I'd help ya out a little more and save some bucks so you can spend them on other things for the bike :) Happy hunting!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I use the Walmart brand battery in our old Jet Ski. But on the newer ones that I don't want any chance of acid spilling I got with the sealed maint free.
This bike, dont know yet........

As for tire recommendations, perfect. I am only planning on short afternoon / weekend rides with daughter on her Ninja 250. Cheap, decent performing tires will work great for now. Don't see going to the track.

Guys at work do a southern Utah, Hwy 6, each fall. Maybe would do something like that. Maybe 500 miles over 2-3 days.

How many miles on avg. are you seeing on your tires, for general commuting / touring?

My dirt bike I can get a front to last a season, but the rear I only get 200-400 miles. But I am riding the nastiest rocky trails that eat up that rear tire in a heart beat.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I haven't had any issue with the battery, but then again the bike doesn't whip around quite like a jetski does lol...

I got the Shinko's around the first of the year, and put about 80 miles a day on the bike, just in transit to work and back, 5-7 days a week. Not to mention anywhere else I decide to go. The Raven's have been wonderful; of course, I have the dreaded Florida stripe on the rear but there's PLENTY of tread life left. Even with as often as I ride the bike, I still won't be looking at new rubber until probably this time next year. Also, wet grip is great on them. For the money, I have yet to find a better tire. They sound like they'd be perfect for your intended application too :)

·
Registered
586 Posts
LOL. Nice links!!! Smart a$$

But all they do is send me to a bunch of threads with reviews. Don't have time this min to search / read all these sites for simple info. Will try later today, unless someone is kind enough to just post info needed..
ehhhh the first links for each so the info...

the first for the tires specifies the tire specs, and the second is purchasing information for the battery

:FIREdevil

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got it home. Tire seems to be in ok shape. Battery starts bike when it was 42 deg.

Maybe I will be able to get by for a season??

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Got it home. Tire seems to be in ok shape. Battery starts bike when it was 42 deg.

Maybe I will be able to get by for a season??

What do you mean by "tire seems to be in OK shape" ? That sure doesn't inspire confidence. How many millimeters is the tread depth? How many miles on the bike?

Get a battery tender. I still have the original battery on even my 2001 bike and it starts with no issues.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What do you mean by "tire seems to be in OK shape" ? That sure doesn't inspire confidence. How many millimeters is the tread depth? How many miles on the bike?

Get a battery tender. I still have the original battery on even my 2001 bike and it starts with no issues.
Bike has 3900 miles, original tires and battery. Rear tire has obvious wear in middle of tire. I am going to ride bike for first part of next season and get a feel for bike while researching what tires I want to replace with. There is still plenty of tread depth there for safe riding.

I have a battery tender, I maintain 10 batteries over the off season from bikes, RV, boat, and jet skis. Battery care is not new to me.

While this bike is new too me, riding bikes is not, had many bikes over my 30+ riding years, mostly dirt, but a couple street..

Thanks everyone for info. This forum has been very helpful in acquiring this bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts