RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
It could be helpful if you found the light spot of the tire and matched it to the heavy spot on the rim....
That's what I was trying to say but I wasn't very clear. Everyone automatically assumes the valve stem is the heaviest part of the wheel but not always, especially on wheels that had large sand cores when they were made.

Once you know your heaviest spot, mark it somehow and it won't ever change unless you polish or powdercoat the wheel or add heavier valve stems.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I bought a Pit Possee balancer, and its works very well. Its this one, right here....

Please play along with my ocd, for a minute. I took the shields out of the bearings..No need to, but it made it more sensitive. Before use, just lube up the bearings with brake cleaner. When the run wet, its almost frictionless..well, you knwo what I mean...

Just realize, your doing this all for yourself, anyway. I randomly added 2oz just to see what happened, and what it felt like, and noticed nothing.
I have the same one and I also made it more sensitive.....and then went right back to the way it was when I bought it. I was spending too much time fine tuning and, like you said, for no real noticeable benefit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.