RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the timestamp on posts the local time where the poster lives or is it something like GMT ?

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
Hey Scottmac,

It's funny that you mention this. I JUST realized after all this time that you can set your time to your local time by going into your user profiles (or is it settings?). There's an option there on how you'd like to see the time. I figured out a long time ago that it was GMT, but never actually really investigated how to change it. I just stumbled on it by accident yesterday when I was poking around for something else!

Emrah

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good point George, but I was also interested to know what (say) 7am meant in the US - is it 7am my time or 7am somewhere else time.

That is, do my posts show my time, and others' posts show their time?

Emrah, good suggestion - I went into my profile and had a look - seems as though I had already set it (some time in the past - can't remember) onto Oz Eastern Standard Time. But I've changed it now to New Caledonia time because that matches our current summer time (GMT + 11 hours).

·
Registered
282 Posts
The times that you see a post is dated should be when it was posted your time providing that you have selected your timezone for default in the user control panel, if not it will default to General Mountain Time. Hopefully this helps clarify.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Next time you're in London, if you haven't already done it, take a boat trip down the Thames to Greenwich and have a look at the clock museum, etc. in the Royal Observatory. They have all four of Harrison's clocks - read the book too ... fascinating story about how he was diddled by the government ... finally got his money when well into old age. You can also have your picture taken with legs astride the zero meridian ... very cool (ie. where GMT is measured from).

Then on your way back down the hill to the river, stop off at the Naval museum - equally fascinating.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts