RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
On Monday, Triumph announced their new Speed Triple, which is blowing me away. That made me look at the Tiger again and it's blowing me away also. Seems I can't hold a grudge against Triumph, especially since there's a new dealer that's only two hours away (compared to five when I bought my first one). Anyway, I already know the Tiger is going to beat all the other adventure bikes (for me), so I need to go ride the S1000R and the Speed Triple to decide which naked I like better. The Italians are out of contention due to dealer distance.

Then it's just a matter of deciding to leave the ZR7 alone, and get the naked bike, or turn the 7 into a pseudo-naked and get another Tiger.

Ah, choices.

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
Get the cast wheels this time around. :)

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Get the cast wheels this time around. :)
No doubt about THAT!

UPDATE: The 7 will remain as is. I just got out of Mazinger Z Infinity at the theater. The motorcycle ridden by the main character looks just like my 7. Right or wrong, I took it as a sign. I'll try to get a pic of it for posting later.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
No doubt about THAT!

UPDATE: The 7 will remain as is. I just got out of Mazinger Z Infinity at the theater. The motorcycle ridden by the main character looks just like my 7. Right or wrong, I took it as a sign. I'll try to get a pic of it for posting later.
All you need is a little pink paint... 680cc77f5449d23f63426bda07b1ee32.jpg

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
The local rock station could not compete and had to start playing classic rock to compete. As of today, they still play classic rock, so maybe it was a good thing?

Z Rock started (IN Salt Lake) buried on the AM dial. Within a few months, they dominated the UTAH rock radio segment. There were news stories

You cant imaging how big radio was, back then. Well, you guys are old enough to know.

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I went to my local to drool over some leftover Triumphs. The prices are starting to fall as the 2018's are going to hit the floor at the end of the month. They had a 2015 Speed Triple at less than 10k and several 1200 Explorers going to rock bottom. I could get a leftover Speed Triple AND Tiger for the price of the new Tiger! That Speed Triple is sweet; fits me perfectly! I sat on the KTM Adventure S I think it's called but I still don't like it; so cold and blech! KTM not my thing. Oh and they had the orange/gray/black Kawi 14R that still makes me tingle.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
The front reminds me of a 7s that the fairing was removed either by choice or by accident. The headlight looks out of place jutting out like that in mu opinion. However, getting 2 leftovers for the price of one new is an excellent deal.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
That's the one...I just can't get my head around that front end. Surely there are some cost effective options to modify it?

The "2 for the price of 1" deal just says to me the bikes are overpriced to begin with. I have to imagine the resale is pretty bad!

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
That's the one...I just can't get my head around that front end. Surely there are some cost effective options to modify it?

The "2 for the price of 1" deal just says to me the bikes are overpriced to begin with. I have to imagine the resale is pretty bad!
I think I said 'almost' 2 for 1. The Speed Triple is $10k for a savings of $2800. The Tiger is $12k down from $17k. The newest Tiger with all the bells and whistles is right around $21k. I don't know if resale is any worse on a Triumph compared to anything else, but it's a pretty rare/low demand/niche brand. The latest stat on the net is that BMW sells more GS's in a year than Triumph sells bikes.

Anyway, I put on a new LED tail light and took off my Admore bar and rack. I bought a tail tidy but I decided I didn't want to lose my underseat storage. I noticed that there's a lot of grime buildup on my precious new shock. Probably best just to keep it washed off instead of getting one of those socks.

EDIT: What the heck! I bought it so decided to use the tail tidy and glad I did, so far. It's the Competition Werkes sheet metal set. I thought it was going to be just two pieces and I lose my underseat storage. No, it's lot's of pieces for a semi-custom fit and you keep most of the underseat storage. It's just a little more shallow than stock, so I have to change how I store my compressor/flat kit. Otherwise, it is really clean and I like it. I also like the way it looks on the outside. I'll have to evaluate the spray off the tire and how clean it stays on the inside. Happy so far.

Zstuff.jpg
Zbefore.jpg Zafter.jpg
Zpan.jpg

21 - 36 of 36 Posts