RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What problems can arise from tying a bike down by the handlebars and after this has happened should I get it inspected or anything to make sure everything is straight/in good shape?

·
Registered
691 Posts
I've never had a problem, and I've been doing it for years. dirt bikes, and the z.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That puts my mind at ease a lil bit. Tell me what you think of this. This is the pic I received about an hour ago. It just made me cringe to see it :eek: Doesn't look safe or stable. Just don't want my bike to get damaged in the process.

·
Registered
969 Posts
it should be fine from falling over, but I'd be more concerned with the exhaust scrapping against the side of the trailer

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I have done it a million times as well with no problem. Usually I like to have the bike as strait up and down as possible, but if your are tied to the handlebar on each side (like it appears yours is) tight you should be good to go.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool thanks for the advice. I already talked to my wife about straightening it up and getting the pipe away from the side. Appreciate it! :)

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I'd be more worried about that big box falling over onto the bike... things that can fall over in a trailer, regardless of how steady they appear to be at rest, will fall, shift, or move exactly the way you don't want them to...

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'd find some way to keep the front wheel from shifting around. I always use a chock when I have to trailer a bike. If you don't have a chock some 2x4 cribbing will do. Leave some spring in the forks also, don't crank the tiedowns all the way down. Good luck

·
Registered
245 Posts
I always use a front wheel chock or if none is available, I put the front wheel into the corner. I also use soft straps around the trees and never use friction straps, only ratchet style!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I use soft ties around the lower triple/fork region, laced behind the headlight fairing then hooked to the straps. Like this....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nice FZR

I use ratchet straps on the triple tree and get a buddy to compress the forks. I have a homemade wheel chock. Never on the kickstand like above but it should be ok

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for the advice and input. The Z made it to its destination safe and in one piece. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts