RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum. looking for info on throttle shaft seals for ZRX1200. .Anyone know where i can get them or what else has someone used as replacements? Mine are causing serious vacuum leaks and need replacement.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Ok, so what is a throttle shaft? That's a new one for me.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
I've found these rebuild kits CARBURETOR GASKETS JETS REBUILD KIT KAWASAKI ZRX1200R ZR1200A ZR ZRX 1200 01-05 | eBay
Not sure if it has the required o-rings/seals.

I looked on Ron Ayers at the fiche for the carbs and can't see any parts described for the seals on their own.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've found these rebuild kits CARBURETOR GASKETS JETS REBUILD KIT KAWASAKI ZRX1200R ZR1200A ZR ZRX 1200 01-05 | eBay
Not sure if it has the required o-rings/seals.

I looked on Ron Ayers at the fiche for the carbs and can't see any parts described for the seals on their own.

no they arent in that kit, i have yet to see any kit that sells them. i dont think kawasaki wants u to fix the carbs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
only ones i can see are for yamaha mukini carbs...like these style im pretty sure whats in mine...https://www.xs650shop.de/en/carb-mikuni-bs-34/980/seals-throttle-schaft-bs-34/38

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im gonna tear them down this week and measure up the shafts and openings in my carbs..then ill start trying to reseach yamaha size seals. ive seen somewhere that someone used yamaha seals in their zx7 or something

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my bike only has 14,000 kms on it and the bike is like it just came off the factory floor but with some aftermarket stuff done with it.. the problem is the bike was stored for at least 9 years without being ran so basically the seals are dried or shrunk.. causing huge vacuum leak at the shafts... which really sucks cause no parts to be found!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

1 - 9 of 9 Posts