RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there are two throttle aids on the market that are similar in form, function and price. the throttle rocker and the cramp buster. they're very inexpensive, about $10 each. they're both small pieces of black plastic that slip on to the outer end of the throttle grip and provide a small lever facing backwards that makes it easier to hold the throttle open on long rides. i prefer this type of device to a throttle lock because they don't hold the throttle open. just a bit safer in my opinion.

also in vista cruise's opinion. vista cruise is a manufacturer of throttle locks. we were looking for one for my friend's ninja and when the dealer called the company to find out what model is appropriate they said they did not recommend the use of their product on sport bikes.

back to the subject. i had a throttle rocker for a while and really dug it. i sold it to emrah to help him with a long ride home and didn't get around to buying another one. i needed another one for a long ride but got a cramp buster instead since it was the only thing i coulf get in time at the local shop. so here's my comparison.

the throttle rocker is hands down winner in my opinion. both products work well once installed but the throttle rocker had some distinct advantages.

the throttle rocker is thinner and has a more contoured shape. the thinness makes it less noticeable when installed which means more confort. it's also contoured and has rough texture. i thought these features would provide functional benefits but they did not. still, they make the throttle rocker much more aesthetically attractive.

the cramp buster was longer and so taps the tank a bit harder at full right lock. the throttle rocker does too but i was much less worried about damage. the extra length could be trimmed since it really isn't needed.

finallly, the throttle rocker is much easier to install, remove and adjust. it's not so tight on the grip and can be adjusted easily. once you're familiar it's can be removed and installed easily in seconds. the cramp buster is a bit thicker and more rigid and it was tough to get on and far more difficult to adjust. further, it twisted up my grip at the end.

once installed and adjusted, both products work equally well with the cramp buster being just a shade thicker around the grip. but for easy adjustment, quick on and off and overall quallity and looks i believe the throttle rocker is the clear winner.

scott :)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one last note: the cramp buster is available in both 7/8" and 1" sizes. i believe the throttle rocker will accomodate larger grips but for a large diameter grip cruiser application i'd be inclined to go with a 1" cramp buster instead.

·
Silver Member
607 Posts
i find the crampbuster a little better in the fact that it hasn't slipped on me due to it being tighter on the grip. But then i bias because i sell crampbusters. also my buster are $2 plus tax cheaper than the rocker.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
in several months of use i've never had the throttle rocker slip and that's been with three different styles of grips. BUT the cramp buster is less expensive and just as functional when installed.

i hope i haven't cut into any sales for you but i've had the opportunity to use both products side by side and so i could do a first hand comparison.

i still prefer the throttle rocker. i think the better looks, better finished design and ease of install/removal are worth the extra $2. either product will do the job though :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts