RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in a couple threads you guys are getting springs for these shocks for like $50...where are ya'll sourcing these inexpensive springs?

Also, how any of you simply swapped the stock 650R spring to other shocks? I'm building a custom cafe project a direct mono shock...I'm currently wanting to use a CBR954RR shock because it has the correct stroke, but I've got a pile of others that may be compatible. All of which are sprung way too lightly, though. I'm waiting on a 650R shock to get here to try out because it's going to have a much stiffer spring...if it's got the right spring rate I'm hoping I might be able to just swap that spring to one of the better shocks I have on hand.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I found Eibach sell them cheap. They are coilover springs for cars in design but have all of the correct dimensions. Ohlins also has any spring you need and can be purchased direct. Have a look at the aprilia shiver and ducati scrambler both have direct mono’s.
Ive attached the full ohlins spring catalogue. The 1091 and 1093 series are 150 and 160mm long and have an id of 57mm. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a Kawasaki...might not be too kosher here :D...I was banned once for straying too far off the beaten path (and pointing out a particular mod's complete hypocrisy didn't help)

Your thread shows up when I went searching for shock options, oddly enough.

·
Registered
354 Posts
This thread has more detail and conversation on the stock spring (17kg/mm)

Also Summit racing had the Eibach spring for 70usd

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheap, Easy, Works...you only ever get to have two of them. The Nitron shock wasn't cheap, but you knew it'd work and it was easy. Ultimately things have no value except what we feel about them. If that shock brings you joy, then it was worth every red cent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts