RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Z1000 Reborn

Z is back together. Wooooo!!! Isn't she beautiful!

Mods:
Zx9 header
Jardine RT-one exhaust
Goodridge braided steel front brake lines
Airbox mod
K&N filter
Fender eliminator by C.J.
Clear alternatives integrated brake/signal light
Integrated front mirrors/turn signals
Repair/Paint (Habanero Red with gold pearl in clear coat) by the best paint dude ever. Dan L.

· Registered
1,132 Posts
Paint looks great and the bike looks fantastic! I would delete those reflectors on the front fender though.

Any plans on doing the zx6 suspension swap? I love the looks of the zx6 forks, sometimes I forget what the Z looked like with stock forks and realize how much meaner it looks with radial mounted brakes :headbang:

Oh yeah and GO BUCKS!!!

· Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would delete those reflectors on the front fender though.

Any plans on doing the zx6 suspension swap?
Oh yeah and GO BUCKS!!!
Go Bucks indeed.

Hindsight is 20/20 with those reflectors. I didn't even think about them till I put them back on. I'll get around to that pretty soon here.

As for the zx6 suspension... On the stock forks I tightened up the preload and increased the rebound dampening and put on a zx6 rear shock. My suspension feels pretty solid to me so probably not anytime soon for the 636 front end.

· Registered
434 Posts
really fantasitc, bike stands out.............

· Registered
1,458 Posts
What year header? Looks great!

· Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What year header? Looks great!
Header is 00-01. I bought it off of pghz1k. He had it on his bike for a while so it was already cut and re-welded for a Z1K.:headbang:

· Registered
2,808 Posts
Awesome! Bike looks totally sweet, my friend. Congrats on getting her back to 100% and better! :righton:

Can't wait to see it in person during a ride! :)

· Registered
1,400 Posts
I seen the bike this past Friday and it does look great-the pix do it no justice. Nice to see my bike in the background, to bad you did not get some pix of out bikes together Cj- Oh well next time.

· Registered
1,400 Posts
NICE! Thanks for posting the pix up. That was a fun ride we had-well all but me almost getting sucked into the gaurd rail on 271 at 90mph-damn Ohio roads.

· Registered
2,808 Posts
Hmm. Those shots look kind of familiar. I'm guessing that's the parking lot at Gander Mountain in Twinsburg. Do I win a prize if I'm right? :~

Shameless plug for another thread: Just updated the SE Ohio ride thread in the Group Rides section. Check it out, guys. Hoping to see a few of you this Sunday!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.