RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I would like your opinions here. Let me start by apologizing to all if you are offended by the question.:~

Here goes: Tonight, the wife and I were watching the men's individual skate competition. I made a comment about one the skater's (assumed) sexual inclination. My wife, being the real liberal in our relationship, decided to pick a fight about why I felt this particular skater may or may not be a little light in the pants.

To explain my point of view: I do not believe that all male skaters by default are flamers. I do think the "SPORT" lends itself more to the female persuasion. I do not believe that it is "natural" for a normal man to desire to dress in tight costumes and glide around on an ice rink meant for Hockey, all the while listening to music better suited for the opera or a Shakesperean play. I know that this may seem a bit closed minded for some but,......

Anyway, what do you all think? :cool:

Keep the rotten fruit to yourselves.:laugh:

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Change the damn channel...

Damn, DJ, we got NASCAR and other stuff to watch on the TV, SpeedVisions' on 148. Forget about the guys in tights. Tom :rolleyes:

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you were talking about the so-called "Quad King", then he's totally ***. You can't really get much more liberal than my lady, (and I'm pretty left myself) but we both were all over that call. He's completely ***. There's no judgement attached to that assessment at all, I don't think that there's anything abnormal about being *** (I could go on and on about all of the *** friends/relatives we have); we just call 'em like we see 'em.

Flame on, Quad King. Flame on.

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
Hey, just remember though; even hockey players where garters to hold up their socks. :eek:

Emrah

·
Wants to be "Fade"....
2,600 Posts
Just go ahead and call one of those hockey players a flamer........
and see where that gets you! You'll be the one getting pucked:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Silver Member
881 Posts
Not all *** tho' ... even gold medallist "Big Boss" Koss was bonking our own olympic swimmer Samantha Riley for a while.

What I love is the offseason practice. Put on 2-3 pairs of woolly socks. Get on the polished floorboards, and push right. When you stop sliding, push left. Then push right again. Then left. After that you go right again. Geez I'm beginning to bore myself. Imagine actually doing it hours on end.....

:)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Are you whipped or what? You actually watched men's skating? I hope it was worth it. After all it was Valentine's Day, you could have watched midget car racing and gotten some last night.

Showtime had Mission Impossible II on so the wife and I got to watch TC trash a couple of Triumphs. You know they're bad guys when they put knobbies on a Speed Four. Although, I don't remember them when they were riding on the street, hmmm.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's good to know that I am not a mean person. :angel: Now I am going to let my wife read the thread. :laugh:

Thanks for the response guys.

Tom,
Saturday and Sunday look like great day to ride. I'll call you (I promise).

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
At the risk of painting myself into a corner, if there were more *** people, and cloning was banned forever, think of all the more room out on the highways. Maybe they should introduce homosexuality into the Chinese and Indian cultures where half the world population lives.

Hey, it's fun being a guy's guy, but give them a break, unless you feel threatened, humm, latent tendencies dudes ? Even Prince had the Purple Rain bike, not to mention Applenia, HOT, and no one's gayer than Prince.

So as not to be too correct here, no, Hockey players ARE ***, Didn't anyone ever tell you ? They are big bad rough tough and really *** for each other. "Stick" that in your "pipe" and "smoke it."
:laugh:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Maybe they should introduce homosexuality into the Chinese and Indian cultures where half the world population lives.
You say that as if it doesn't already exist there.

·
9,816 Posts
Hey Dennis, don't worry about riding just yet. I'm still trying to walk at a good pace after knee surgery. I may try a short ride on Sunday. Tom

·
3,610 Posts
As far as the "Sport" of figure skating, I personally think it should be taken out of the Olympics. Figure skating is more of a show than a sport if you ask me (music, "drama", jumping etc.).

As far as Men in Figure Skating, YES they are all ***. How else would two people like that be able to work so close and not have attraction to each other? After the SHOW is over they drink their water, look at their roses and cry together.

Now I know every woman is thinking "He's just overjoyed with his performance".

But you're thinking like a woman (a.k.a. male figure skater), if you thought like a man he'd be popping a cold one with the clicker in his hand watching his replay and laughing at himself.

And once again, It's a show, not a sport.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tom,
That's to bad about the surgery dude. Maybe after NTC. I've been braving the cool weather to practice mostly. :smilewink

To whom it may concern: Prince is not ***! He's just a freak and he can't help that. :laugh:

·
9,816 Posts
Hey Buddy, what is NTC and where do ride for practice? I live not to far from the new Jack Britt High School off of Rockfish and King Roads (near Hope Mills) and do most of my riding in Hoke County, mostly country roads. Anyway, maybe next week when I'm ready to ride -- call the cell phone at 476-9211 or email me at [email protected]. Take care, man. Tom :cool:

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
About the garters in hockey. I NEVER got used to wearing them. I always prefered to tape up the tops of my socks at the thighs (as well as down the shins), and most of my playing was open hockey (meaning you show up, pay your money and play with whomever decided to show up that day), so they're kind of lax on the equipment if it's not full-check. I hardly had to wear the socks and pants. I was much more comfortable with sweat pants over my shin guards. As for all the times I "poked", "sticked", "grabbed", and "scored" on the ice, I never once did any of that locker room towel-snapping that t.v. shows like to show so much in professional sports (movies/shows).

Hey, we ARE skating on razor sharp high-carbon steel blades with a total of 4 edges. I don't think you'd want to get any more "friendly" with a guy than you have to! :laugh:

As for figure skating not being a "sport" though... I don't agree. While I cannot stand to watch it (though I admit to watching the women's skate for obvious reason - no explanation necessary), I'd have to say that that kind of ability, physical endurance, balance, etc., is well beyond the capabilities of most men - *** or straight. What those guys (and girls) do is pretty amazing. I don't like watching it (yes, the men crying after seeing their scores does turn my stomach a little bit), but I can respect how incredibly difficult it is to do what they do.

My take on the whole *** thing is this: Good. More women for me! :D

Emrah

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For the last time: Figure Skating is NOT A SPORT ! :yell: If you want to declare a sport that requires balance, endurance, and yada yada yada, How about roller derby, or the 100m sprint. Now, those are sports. The Ultimates are Jai Ali and Hockey; speed, stamina, endurance, balance, and violence. There should be a new rule envoked by the IOC: all sports in the olympic games must at least one violent aspect, ie. (100m sprint/bow and arrow competition):laugh:

Tom,
NTC is military jargon for National Training Center, it is in southern Cali. I will be there for a month in March.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
New Sport

Figure skating/curling competition. :cool:
I can see it now. What a challenge it would be. The skaters could really demonstrate their agility, strength, and endurance. The curlers could demonstrate their accuracy. :smilewink
I would pay to see that.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
LOL!!:laugh: :laugh: you guys are crackin me up! Look, of course the men are ***! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out! How many straight men do figure skating, dance, floral arrangements, and home decorating? :~

Not that I can stand watching them... but that's why the IOC puts them in the middle of the Olympic competition, not at the end for a finale like the ladies.

Hey, my ex-roommate at Pitt was ***. No, it wasn't by my choice, we got assigned that my freshman year. He was studying journalism (another *** profession), and me engineering. I set him straight (in a matter of speaking) early on by telling him that the Hershey Highway is a one-way street, OUT. He never bugged me. And he was OK. But still *** as hell. And lots of chicks always visited our dorm room for consultation. Don't ask.....

So don't be astonished by *** figure skaters. At least they won't procreate. What's so bad about calling it like it is??

kelly

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
I wasn't arguing with the facts about the ***/straight thing. Just the sport/non-sport thing. I hear it all the time in racing too. I'm not even going to go into what it takes to drive a car (at any competitive level) for hours on end. The abuse and physical and mental drain is more than most people will ever understand.

Now, (here I go), I'm going to ruffle a LOT of feathers here. And this is an argument that nearly gets me beat up every time I'm in a bar talking to somebody, but I love to get a rise out of people. My argument is that baseball is not a sport. Not even close. It's a hobby. Like stamp collecting.

I don't care how hard it is to hit a ball coming at you at 90 mph. I don't care how many times it sinks, bobs, dips and doodles, slides, whatever. Everyone else is sitting/standing around (fat guys in uniforms that are WAY too tight) picking their... well, you know.

It does not take any stamina to play baseball. No endurance. No physical prowess. If you're lucky to hit the ball (which, granted, is not easy), you have to run a whopping 90 feet (I think) and then stand around for a while. So you do a light jog on and off the field in between innings. Or you hit a homer and you (again lightly) jog around the bases, huffing and puffing in a skin tight uniform cuz you're so out of shape (for a supposed "athelete"). And before you guys start in with, "well if it's so easy, why don't you do it" argument, I'll concede that I probably couldn't hit a ball coming at me at 90 mph (at least not without lots of practice). I'm just arguing that it doesn't meet MY (i.e. personal opinion, not gospel) criteria for a sport.

Hey, there's a lot of sports I hate to play or watch. Basketball, soccer, etc. But I have an incredible respect for those guys. They're sprinting non-stop and the game is brutal. Especially soccer. Sprinting 90 minutes and no subs? That's tough. But baseball????? Respect = zip.

Ok, let the flaming (so to speak) begin. I can take it. Really I can.... :angel:

Emrah

1 - 20 of 38 Posts