RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I haven't posted in awhile. Forgive me, but I come and go on these internet forums. Well, the weather is cooling off in Houston-I don't ride much when the temps are in the 90s. Mainly do those "keep the battery charged" rides. Right now the ragweed is killing me-my allergy season is in late Sep-Oct. I've started riding more in the past 2 weeks. Rode to Beaumont yesterday(210 miles roundtrip). Shouln't have rode that far-allergies got really bad. And the heat was no fun. I'm looking forward to next month-heat and allergies will be gone. Do any of you cut back on the riding in the summer because of the heat?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
This was an unusually cold summer in LA so I only cut back due to heat last month, when it got over 100.

I actually cut back most of the time because the weather was so crappy. It's not fun riding up PCH to the canyons and have to wipe the drizzle off my face shield in the middle of summer!

For the allergy I'd recommend an all day Claritan or a generic equivalent. Wearing a helmet with a runny nose is no fun. Maybe that's why so many guys here wear 1/2 helmets! Easier to blow their noses?!

·
Registered
299 Posts
sadly the season on the east coast is coming to an end. I probably have until early november until the first snow fall. Man what i would do to be riding in the 90 + degree temperatures again.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Do any of you cut back on the riding in the summer because of the heat?
heck, no!! LOLOLOLOL.

i can sort of sympathize with your trouble with allergies. my son is sensitive to cats, and several airborne thingies. he suffers miserably and intensely despite taking his meds. seems like when he visits us from north carolina he is forever sneezing with watery eyes and runny nose.

hope you can make up for lost time in the next couple of months. :)

·
Banned
679 Posts
Do any of you cut back on the riding in the summer because of the heat?
Minimally, and it's not so much for the heat as it is for the humidity. Otherwise, I'm out just about every single day in full black gear w/ a full face helmet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I also live in houston, actually more towards katy/cypress area but the weather has been great and i take my nike out everday and probably put 150+ a day. But the allergies yea are bad which i am actually going through right now while im typin. But just feels to great not to ride!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
It is getting nice here in Louisiana too, finally! I rode through the summer though, mesh jackets and cambelbacks are your friends!

·
Registered
164 Posts
"just getting cool enough to ride".... its just about time to break out the heated suit!

·
Registered
185 Posts
It's been riding season here in central Georgia/Carolina and it looks like a "Textile Jacket Monster" puked all over the place.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hope you can make up for lost time in the next couple of months. :)
Yes I plan on doing some long rides next month. I want to see if my new Airhawk will allow me to have a *comfortable* 500 mile day.

·
Registered
214 Posts
this is what coming so no riding for me:sadpace:

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
and maybe it's just here, but I find that the weather just isn't as predictable as it used to be.
I mean, here we are in the middle of 3 days of rain in the middle of October, when the weather is usually dry, with Santa Ana winds.

Has anyone else noticed unusual weather making it difficult to plan motorcycle trips? I've been dying to get back to Yosemite. We took a trip up there in a SUV this summer, first to Groveland, and there was a killer road going down into a valley that made me want to come back on my bike. Then, being able to bike around Yosemite Valley would be icing on the cake!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts