RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me share a really cool story about Sean (Conmar).

Sean and his son joined us for the last Heart of Dixie Riding and Wrenching Tour. We had a blast. We cooked out for lunch, had pizza for dinner, occasionally hydrated ourselves with adult beverages and they stayed here for the night. While he was here, he had noticed that I did not have my chrome rear brake reservoir cover installed. Together we determined that there is a bracket that is required to mount the chrome cover. The previous owner of my bike had removed that bracket to install highway pegs. A few months ago I sold my highway pegs to Pandemonium. Anyhow, while he was here, Sean removed his reservoir cover bracket so that I could take measurements for making a bracket in the future.

A couple of days later I get a text from Sean. He had searched for and found a used bracket online, bought it and had it sent to me.

Who you are defines you. What you do defines you even more. Collectively, those actions define a brotherhood.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Freakin awesome sauce. Sean is definitely a top-notch guy. He's hooked me up with all kinds of parts for bare-bottom prices.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Cool.

·
Registered
748 Posts
thats what its all about

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
:thinkerg: Rasmith has done this type of thing also. He adapted a socket to be used to help remove the stem bearings
from our Meanys. He sent it to me, paid the shipping out of his pocket & only asked that if I see of anyone wanting to do their own stem bearing
replacement to forward it to them. So, I have this homemade tool in my posession if anyone is considering
replacing their own bearings. Shoot me a PM & you'll recieve this in the next few days & I'll pay the shipping. Only ask that you "Pay it Forward" for the next guy.
:woot:

·
Registered
703 Posts
There are some very good folks here. I am blessed to have found this forum! :dance:

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
This thread is getting way too touchy feely for me. You all ride a MEAN STREAK! You are supposed to be grunting and knuckle dragging! I feel like I am watching the Wild Hogs! LOL!

Now come give me a hug!

·
Registered
299 Posts
This thread is getting way too touchy feely for me. You all ride a MEAN STREAK! You are supposed to be grunting and knuckle dragging! I feel like I am watching the Wild Hogs! LOL!

Now come give me a hug!
Man I love that movie!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I too am glad that I stumbled upon this forum. Very generous people and I appreciate all your knowledge that you guys share for us just getting started in the meanie craze. And all the sweet deals on your extra parts.

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
Man I love that movie!!
Might have to pop it in the player this weekend. Gotta watch it once a year at least. Great actors in a funny movie that includes motorcycles.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Now come give me a hug!
I was gonna send you a new part Paul had just made. But, uh... well... nevermind, now.

:D

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am also very happy I found this forum. I am young (23) and this is my first bike, you guys have helped me countless times between just learning about the mean streak, riding in general, and mods. Love this place! Thanks to everyone

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
I was gonna send you a new part Paul had just made. But, uh... well... nevermind, now.

:D
That's mighty neighborly of you Jim. I've got a queue of parts waiting to be installed on the Mean Streak as it is.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Thanks for the compliment Diamond Jim! I too have enjoyed this forum. I've participated in several forums, and none have generated the kind of friendships I have developed here. I look forward to meeting more MS riders, and gaining more new friends!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Ditto all the above.....in the 2 1/2 years or more that I have been a member, what has been shared with me from the other members has been hugely helpful..... and what I have shared back hopefully has helped those also in their time of need. Like mentioned, we are all very greatful for this forum and fortunate to have it at our perusal. CHEERS!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts