RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up this Fieldsheer Congo jacket to replace my Aerostich Darien for $129. It's going to be my cool weather jacket now. Luck was on my side-red was available in 2XL only-my size. And the Scorpion EXO400 helmet was just $69-the tinted shield was about half of the cost of the helmet. The only colors available are matte white or matte silver. At first I didn't like the matte finish, but got used to it. And it probably won't show scratches as bad as a gloss. It's a comfortable helmet and the everclear shields work-no fogging.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
A friend of mine as the 400 helment. The top padding puts waves in his hair. He has taken to carrying a ball cap with him whenever he uses that helmet.
It is a good thing there are people out there willing to pay full price for gear so us bargain hunters can pick up the leftovers. :alcy:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes it is good that the bargain hunters can pick up the leftovers at a good price. And helmet hair won't be an issue for me. For about 10 years I've worn a skull cap made by Sliks under the helmet. No more helmet hair, my head doesn't itch, my ears don't get folded down and the earphones pulled out when I put it on, and no more sweat in the helmet. I just wash the cap when it starts smelling bad. I couldn't find a link, so here's a pic.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
I have something similar I got from a motoGP race.

Off Topic: How old is that Tappen that I see in the background?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Off Topic: How old is that Tappen that I see in the background?
1965. That's when the house was built. About 5 years ago I wanted to buy a new one. But my grandmother complained because the new ovens have the hinges at the bottom instead of the side. It's her house, so the old one stayed. But the next time it dies, I'm going to tell her I either buy a new oven or we don't have one at all. It makes no sense to keep fixing something that old.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
1965. That's when the house was built. About 5 years ago I wanted to buy a new one. But my grandmother complained because the new ovens have the hinges at the bottom instead of the side. It's her house, so the old one stayed. But the next time it dies, I'm going to tell her I either buy a new oven or we don't have one at all. It makes no sense to keep fixing something that old.
Hey if it keeps her happy and is functioning :dunno: I knew there was something about that picture that reminded me of my childhood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts