RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
I believe cruise is easy to deal with once you use ride by wire. Not so easy before...Not easy, lets call it cheap. I'll complain abotu mine, but I recently needed to do a high speed run out into the desert to pick up my dropped wallet. I spent 3 hours at well above....well, lets say three hours, sixth gear, and 8000 rpm. The first bike I did ntot run out of headlight with, either, even way up there in speed.

I only have 10,000 on my 08. Its my second bike. But in those three hours, I got to know it more than I had before. Suspension started working properly, as did the engine.

The problem it has is its design. It was designed to run at 120mph plus, all day long, not 75. Even fairing protection started making sense.

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
Gosh, never answered this. Yes, wallet found. I creeper along the interstate with both headlights on. There it was.

The c14 headlights came through in a big way

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
My truck blew a tire. I was crawling around, changing it and wallet fell out.

I realized this about 40 miles down the road. Easy-ish to find as my tread had separated. Lost walled SHOULD be right there.

Cash, gas card, id ..everything is in wallet. By the time I figured it out, if I went back and did not find it, truck would run out of gas.

I had to finish driving home, then go back. It was the only logical way. The lights on the c14 were the best option in finding it. Our family was flying out at 8am the next morning, so not having id was an issue.

So, I came home, dressed up, and spent the next 45 minutes driving out to the location 90 miles away. I had the bike pinned for at least 20 minutes, but had to back off to make sure I had enough fuel range. I had to make it 55 miles out for a fuel stop and pulled in there with the light on.

Lots of thumbs up from the truck drivers. Several of them must have been in contact. As I went by, most of them would turn on their high beams for extra light.

I found the wallet and was pretty excited, so I tried to get home faster than what it took to get out.

Fuel range was the issue. At full throttle , you only have about 25-30 minutes range.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Wow! Quite a story to tell. :notworthy

My wallet story goes waaaaay back to when I was 16 and out riding my MT-125 Honda in Ohio. Retraced my route into a sand/rock quarry. I had the only motorcycle tracks. Found the wallet at the top of a sand hill face where I did a turn around. I had a new driver's license and three dollars in the wallet! :D

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
Theres nothing better than finding your own walllet, is there?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I got a wallet story for ya. In France about 12yrs ago I was riding with my now ex-wife. Idiot that she was left the backpack unzipped and her wallet fell out on a highway. Realized it @100mi later. Somehow I was able to find it after re-tracing the route.
At highway speeds.
Wallet was in the road and had been run over numerous times. This was during the Mistral winds and bc she was an idiot...the wallet was not zipped so all the money, ID's etc had been blown away. But, I still managed to find 90% of the stuff in the roadside weeds covering about 1200'.
In hindsight I would have been better off not finding it and leaving her there. Would have saved me a bunch of headaches.:)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts