RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends, Greetings from Spain.
I would like to expose a problem I have with a front fender just bought LowandMean: When I tried to install the tire, is so tight or close to the tire and wheel brushes is blocked, my tire is a Metzeler with the same measures Dunlop that he had the bike originally but it says the store where I bought the fender, that even if they have the same dimensions, the size of tires varies from brand to brand.
What do you think of this?
Have you had any similar problem when you installed your fender LM?
If you use L&M front fenders, What brand of tire you're using and what are the measures?
Thanks friends and sorry for my english

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Can you post a couple pictures of the fender mounted and cuts in th etire and brake (line)?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not explained well the problem, the problem is that the fender rubbed against the tire and, therefore, can not turn the wheel.
The fender is too tight to the tire and at some point reach to touch

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
how did that tire work with the stock fender?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The tire works perfectly with the stock fender but not with the new L & M.
My tire is a Metzeler Lasertec 130 70 17 M / C 62S and the stock tire was a Dunlop Sportmax 130 70 R17 62H

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I had similar issues with the first L&M tire that I had. the tire was rubbing the inside of one of the tires..I called low and mean described the issue and they sent me another fender....these fenders are fiberglass so fitment can sometimes be an issue...but I got the new fender and no problems since..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hawaiian, do you think then that tire is no problem but it is a defect of the fender?
I had similar issues with the first L&M tire that I had. the tire was rubbing the inside of one of the tires..I called low and mean described the issue and they sent me another fender....these fenders are fiberglass so fitment can sometimes be an issue...but I got the new fender and no problems since..

·
Registered
228 Posts
yeah, sounds like a fender manufacturing defect. Either the curvature is not correct, or they drilled the mounting holes to high on the side(s) of the fender. I'd call em for a return/exchange.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I will try to return the fender.
How much separation is approximately between your fender L&M and your tire?
Thanks brothers.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi friends, Greetings from Spain.
I would like to expose a problem I have with a front fender just bought LowandMean: When I tried to install the tire, is so tight or close to the tire and wheel brushes is blocked, my tire is a Metzeler with the same measures Dunlop that he had the bike originally but it says the store where I bought the fender, that even if they have the same dimensions, the size of tires varies from brand to brand.
What do you think of this?
Have you had any similar problem when you installed your fender LM?
If you use L&M front fenders, What brand of tire you're using and what are the measures?
Thanks friends and sorry for my english
The size of tires cant varies from brand to brand- this is nonsense. So, this is the problem with the fender.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
The size of tires cant varies from brand to brand- this is nonsense. So, this is the problem with the fender.
No its not. Go to different manufacturers websites and look up same size tires for their ACTUAL dimensions, not the tire size printed on the sidewall. They definitely vary.

But the fender still should have worked without major tire damage and I would try to return it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've got the L&M with a 130 on mine. It's tight at the bottom of the fender. Maybe 1/16 on each side. I'll probably go back to a 120 on the next tire change.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have 130 Avon Storm on mine w the LnM fender. Sometimes neighbor's driveway pebbles got under the fender but no real issue.

·
Registered
82 Posts
No its not. Go to different manufacturers websites and look up same size tires for their ACTUAL dimensions, not the tire size printed on the sidewall. They definitely vary.

But the fender still should have worked without major tire damage and I would try to return it.
Sure, 17" tire can be for 16" or 18" wheel. :notworthy

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I'm talking about width and diameter. Try looking a few tires up by different manufacturers instead of spreading false information and then being rude about it when you get called out as wrong.
All 215/45/17
Dunlop Fierce Instinct ZR Section width 8.4" Outside diameter 24.7"
Dunlop Direza Section width 8.4" Outside diameter 24.6"
Dunlop Graspic Section width 8.4" Outside diameter 24.8"
Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Section width 8.3" Outside diameter 24.8"

I could go on...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi guys,
I went to the dealer to change my fender for a new one and finally yesterday it came, I was happy to receive it but when I tested it I still have the same problem as the fender is rubbing on the tire and even it comes to curbing the tire.
So, do not know if the seller will be right eventually, he says that the tire is too wide for my fender

·
Registered
406 Posts
Aw man, I just got my L&M fender and I'm looking forward to slappin' some paint on it. I should obviously check fitment first huh?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts