RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
This is probably an easy questions for some of you. Are the decals on the tank cover in a clear coat or are they just slapped on?
I've been toying around with the idea of removing them for a while and I'm taking off the side cover emblems probably this weekend or the next. I don't want to remove them if I have to chip off a layer of clear coat to get to them.
photo(2).jpg
Or in your professional meanie opinions, should I leave it on? It kinda makes the purple paint stand out.
Thanks for all your input in advance!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yes, the "streak" decals on the tank are under the clearcoat. They cannot be removed unless you're planning on sanding the clearcoat off. Might as well leave them if you're not repainting the bike.

·
Registered
717 Posts
def remove the ones on the side cover- but leave the ones on the tank! i know they're not for everyone, but i really dig 'em. the v badges i go back and forth on but like em enough to leave them for now. but on bikes like ours, with the metallic, i think they really have some pop

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Maybe this will help...

I personally like the look without the badges. It's not that I'm trying to hide what it is (still says on my dogbowls), but mainly that I think the badges should have been contoured more to the shape of the tank and that the little Kawi sticker (yes, puffy sticker) on the side cover just looked kinda cheap.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that does look pretty damn good with out them. Thanks man, it may get debadged a lot sooner than expected!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
that does look pretty damn good with out them. Thanks man, it may get debadged a lot sooner than expected!
Yes, that does look a lot better!! Just don't let Tim photoshop those streaks off your tank, you'll be repainting as your next mod!!!:righton:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Yes, that does look a lot better!! Just don't let Tim photoshop those streaks off your tank, you'll be repainting as your next mod!!!:righton:
brb... doing what I was told not to do (again). he he he... :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where can I find those decals?

Maybe this will help...

It's not that I'm trying to hide what it is (still says on my dogbowls), but mainly that I think the badges should have been contoured more to the shape of the tank and that the little Kawi sticker (yes, puffy sticker) on the side cover just looked kinda cheap.

Do you know where I can find the "Kawasaki" and the dog bowl decals?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I thought the plastic emblems on the meanstreak tanks are kinda cheap looking, if you look at other Vulcan models, some are much nicer. Before I painted my tank, taking the emblems off already made improvements but to each their own. Fortunately, a little 50 lb. test fishing line, a heat gun and some goof off made the task a little more manageable. DSCN0551.JPG

1 - 13 of 13 Posts