RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 and I'm having a tough time getting the overflow tube out. I have 2x4 propping the tank up but I can't pry the tube out. any methods that would work? What is the other tube for? I know about the gas tank overflow tube.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
kindred spirit - LOLOL! i encountered the same trouble. i couldn't access the hoses with hands and/or tools. no trade secrets were divulged when i asked....:dunno: definitely a PITA.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Use a set of needle nose pliers and reach up and squeeze the little c-clip on the hose and slide down, then pull tubes off.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yank until they come off and the rubber splits. Cut the end off and shorten the tube upon reinstallation. Do this until it is inconceivable to have it THAT short and buy a new hose..

repeat.. rinse.. recycle. i hate taking the tank off.

joking aside.. i did do that once. The above post is your best bet

·
Registered
257 Posts
Why are you taking the hoses off? I have had my tank off 4x and never removed the hoses, just pulled them up and out when I lifted the tank off. What is the purpose of removing them at all?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Ummm. on my '09 there are little breather bottles inline on the hoses that wouldn't fit through the frame unless you disconnected the hoses..

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ummm. on my '09 there are little breather bottles inline on the hoses that wouldn't fit through the frame unless you disconnected the hoses..
I have the same breather bottles, but they come off easy, because you can actually access them, unlike the clamps on the tank itself. Never seen anyone remove the hoses from the tank for removal.

Those breather bottles are in the open, at the end of the hose, and hella easy to remove... at least on my '09 they are.

Work smarter, not harder...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just did this today. I just put the tank off to the side on a step ladder that just happens to be the exact correct height. I did notice how easy it would be to get to the tubes at the canister like pilot mentioned. I'll try that next time. Getting the tubes off under the tank was nearly impossible for me.

·
Banned
5 Posts
Anyone have some quick tips on what to look out for? Im installing a PCIII and need to remove the gas tank..

Any tips for installing the PCIII on a F4S?

Thanks,

Alex

1 - 11 of 11 Posts