RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

Tank bags: a liter is not what you think it is.

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Carnivor 
#1 ·
I just got the "Cortech Super 2.0 12-Liter Magnetic Tank Bag".

"12 liters" does not mean anything like "maybe I can fit six two-liter bottles of soda in that sucker":

Helmet Personal protective equipment Sports gear

That's a 1.5 liter bottle of wine that won't fit in there.

In addition, the backpack straps which are tucked in a compartment underneath are pressed by the gas tank into the storage area, stealing some space as well.

This post is strictly about my expectations, the Cortech bag seems just fine aside from the space I'd expected. But - this is going back to the vendor.

See less See more
#5 ·
Mototrek bag is on the list, but I need a tank bag too.

I just found out that the red Eclipse tank bag I had in the late 1980s is still manufactured. I might get one of those, for old time's sake.

#3 ·
But 12 liters does mean that you should be able to pour six 2 liter sodas into the tank bag.

I always consider the measurements as well as the volume when selecting luggage.

#7 ·
Give me a liter of cola

#10 ·
i've just gotten one of these

GIVI T489 TANKLOCK - Soft Luggages

the wife has moved work buildings and now takes a ride with me, and as we needed a bag each i got a tankbag,

its quite good for what i need, i can get, my

ipad
4 cans of coke in a cool bag
2 soft bags with various power adaptors and leads
the clear waterproof bag that comes with it has a tube of barocca, tissues, paracetamol, plasters
my snood

the 3 outer pockets contain,

work phone, vpn fob, ipad stylus, pen

my vaporiser - im an ex smoker and use a vaporiser for the dreaded nicotine,

spanner to tighter my right mirror when it decided to try and hit me

the locking mech is quite good, it stays on, and is easy to get on and off,

BF04 is for kawi's

it perfect for my work commute, and if i was on my own and needed bigger, id use me crumpled messenger, which has a "dog leg" aka a small strap on the main strap that locks it to you like a seat belt, that thing is like a tardis!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.