RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 05 mean streak and new to the forum today. Having fun puttering around the neighborhood but its my first bike so yea. Was wondering if theres anyone close to my height, I'm 6'8" with like a 37 inch inseam, any ideas for a rider my height to make the bike fit me better than a mini bike lol.:D

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
Just got my 05 mean streak and new to the forum today. Having fun puttering around the neighborhood but its my first bike so yea. Was wondering if theres anyone close to my height, I'm 6'8" with like a 37 inch inseam, any ideas for a rider my height to make the bike fit me better than a mini bike lol.:D
Congratulations on the bike. You pick a fine machine for your first bike, and a bike you could have for a long time. Yea forward controls will be a must and Jardine forwards would be the ones you will want.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Welcome to the forums 2tall(we call my buddy here @ work 2tall).
Congratulations on the new Meany. You picked a fine machine for your first bike.
+1 on the Jardine forwards, they'll give ya 6" more leg room. Enjoy & ride safe...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there anywhere I can find them at a good price. The ones I've found are in the 650 dollar range. If that's a good price then I just have to make it work. Thanks for the positive replies.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi and welcome to the club you made a great choice. be patient and keep an eye on the forum and ebay you can do better than 650.I don't know where you live but with winter approaching you may have some time. I am 6' and felt cramped on the standard pegs so I can only imagine what it feels like at you height.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi and welcome to the club you made a great choice. be patient and keep an eye on the forum and ebay you can do better than 650.I don't know where you live but with winter approaching you may have some time. I am 6' and felt cramped on the standard pegs so I can only imagine what it feels like at you height.
Honestly I feel not to bad but ive only ridden it for like fifteen mins at a time seeing as how I dont have an m license. I will def keep an eye out. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I recently read where someone posted that they found the Jardine's for $585. Do a google search & see if youcan find it.
I'll copy & paste an address to the posting when I run across it again. Unless you can find a decent USED set $6 to $7 hundred
is about the going rate for them. Mamams are +4" they're in the $3 to $4 hundred range.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
The Refined FC5 is 7" forward, and sell for around $350 shipped. They have additional peg options for a little more. Most prefer the simple elegance of the Jardine FCs, which are 7" forward also. The Jardines also have the option to add a small floorboard on the side for a change in foot position during longer rides. There are a number of riders using the Jardines on here, but I'm not aware of any using Refined.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I'm tall but not in your league at 6'2". I bought my Jardines w mini floorboards used for about $450. Mini boards are a great thing to have but you can add them later easily. Watch the forums sale section and keep searching e-bay and you can save some money.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I recently read where someone posted that they found the Jardine's for $585.
I've spotted Jardines on a pair of higher mileage Mean Streaks Craigslisted here in the Seattle area in recent months - No way those upgrades are adding $500 to the resale of those bikes - you might try keeping an eye out for them and making an offer to the sellers.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Those forward controls will be a great investment if you keep your meanie, like most of the rest of us. I quit counting the money I have put down over the past 3 years on mine. I guess I am real lucky at only 5,'9.....I fit just right over the stock foot position, although I have KURYAKN swingwings down there, that flip out a nice set of extended pegs. They go for around 155.00 per pair. welcome to the forum and enjoy your new ride....you made a great decision on a great bike!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm on the hunt for the jardine's since I bought the meanie. I'm 6'1 and as soon as I sat on a friend's MS with jardines I knew that was what I needed to save up for. Enjoy the ride these bikes are crazy FUN!!!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Those Jardine f.c.s look really nice....but I would have to grow about 4 more inches to warrant the swap. Very fortunate those are available for taller peops.

Reactions: 2talljones86

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had to shop around for a long time before I found a bike I felt comfortable on. Sadly I could not find a street bike that fit me right so I bought a 2014 Honda Fury. Feels like I'm riding a beach cruiser....BTW I am 6'9" and feel your pain man

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.