RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sat on an '09 Z1000 at the dealer today and noticed that the shifter is not very tall man friendly. I don't think I would be able to up-shift, if I were to take it for a test spin; by the time I get my knee high enough to get my foot on the peg, my ankle is already past 90 degrees.

I mentioned this to the parts guy and he said that they could adjust it. Has anyone else had to make their Z shiftable for the taller folk?

·
Registered
346 Posts
How tall are you? I'm 6'2" and had no problems with the old rearsets. I moved the shifter down a tad, but who doesn't. Not everyone is the same size or rides the same. Also you should post this question in the 07-09 section, this is for the new Z 10 models!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
How tall are you? I'm 6'2" and had no problems with the old rearsets. I moved the shifter down a tad, but who doesn't. Not everyone is the same size or rides the same. Also you should post this question in the 07-09 section, this is for the new Z 10 models!!
Nice bike there! A local Red Baron has 'new' 2009 in their showroom. I've always liked the Zed, but that's the year I REALLY started liking the looks of the bike.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I feel a bit stupid now. If adjusting the shifter on the Z is as easy as it was on my KLR 650, then I really feel stupid. I just assumed there was a lot more to it than that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts