RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm sure this may have been answered somewhere else, but i couldn't find it. I'm switching my ZR-7s to a ZR-7. I just bought the gauges on eBay and need to know what part I need to mount them to my bike. I only seem to be able to find a ZR-7s service manual. I'm looking for the "gauge stay" or mount for a ZR-7. Also, does anyone have any recommendations on mirrors, turn signals, and a headlight to complete the package? Should I go bar end mirrors or handlebar mount? Also, are fork mounted turn signals pretty universal? I apologize for my lack of knowledge.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One other important question I should have asked before buying the gauges, do ZR-7 gauges have the same wiring harness as the ZR-7s? Will my new gauges plug right in?

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
My guess is the standard reason people change from whatever bike to a street fighter / bobber look - they had a boo boo.

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had this bike for 12 years. I'm ready for a change. My friend just made a cafe racer from a cruiser bike with an R1 front end and it looks awesome. Getting rid of 12 years of faring buzz is also enticing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@MagicMexican Thanks for the help! Funny thing is I read your post a year or so ago when I first thought of doing this. Great info. Are the ZR7 gauges a direct plugin to the ZR7s wiring harness? I have now ordered all the parts. I got super lucky and found a ZR7 gauge cluster on eBay for $90 in great condition. Ordered a bobber style headlight, turn signals, and bar end mirrors. Just waiting for everything to arrive and fingers crossed it all works ok

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is your fairing still in good condition ? Are you looking to sell any bits of your 7S to finance the Café project ? What color ?
Yes I will be selling all the S parts on ebay. The fairing is in one piece with only minor cracking around one turn signal that I fixed with JB weld. The paint (red) is sun faded so i'd recommend a sanding and new paint job, which would make it look brand new. I'll try to remember to post here once I have the parts on eBay.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm now just waiting on the headlight. I've received all other parts. I'm hoping to dive into this project in the next week or two, but it might be hard with constant summertime activities. I'll try to document the process to share here or on a new thread

·
Registered
853 Posts
I'd recommend a quarter fairing similar to the ones on my ZRX. I have always enjoyed that air pocket.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts