RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at my buddies 2012 ZX10R and from looking at it I was wondering if the rear swingarm from that would fit a 2011 N1K? It looks like it would, just want to see what others think! Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
What would be the benefit?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thinking about stretching my bike, trying to find a cheaper way to do it then the roaring toyz swingarm for $1,100.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Drag racing or fashion. WTF do you ask? :D

·
Registered
557 Posts
So how is this cheaper?:glassesti Buying a 2012 ZX10 swing arm is not cheap either. Maybe you're buying the whole bike and just keeping the swing arm? Just kidding.:laugh:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hahahaha No. Mainly for looks, I love the one that Roaring Toyz did. The N1K stretched looks nasty! But my buddy is talking about getting a whole new swingarm for his because he drag races his ZX10R, and so in turn I would buy his original swingarm for about $150 or so and then buy the blocks to stretch it. So if anyone has any answers, other then giving me a hard time, that would be great! LoL!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Drag racing or fashion. WTF do you ask? :D
Seems like the ruination of a bike that is built to be light and nimble, not low end torque. He'll destroy the handling trying to make it into something it's not. 98% of the stretched bikes here are just driven to bike nights and bars to show off. I just don't get it I guess. I like to actually ride my bikes, not sit and hope people look at them or ride to the bars on the weekends.

To each their own, I guess.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Seems like the ruination of a bike that is built to be light and nimble, not low end torque. He'll destroy the handling trying to make it into something it's not. 98% of the stretched bikes here are just driven to bike nights and bars to show off. I just don't get it I guess. I like to actually ride my bikes, not sit and hope people look at them or ride to the bars on the weekends.

Are you talking about a zx-10r the z1k/n1k? A zx-10r will make a fine drag bike for the right rider... mainly a light rider. That said.. I think the gen 3 z1000 could be pretty competitive with some serious low gearing and a 10" stretch at the strip. Long enough to stay down, geared low enough to trap at the top of 6th. That lump has some tug for sure.

Jett05,

Since you are gonna have your hands a zx-10r swing arm soon, give it a try. Take some measurements anyway. You might have make some spacers for your wheels.. figure out a different brake hanger etc.

With the eccentric chain adjuster wheel on the z1k/n1k, it sure does complicate making it longer.. that's for sure.

·
Registered
95 Posts

I dont get it either, but I also dont get spending a bunch of $$$ on exhaust, intake and mapping either (I know it adds performance) but why not just buy a zx 10 and change out the bars for a more upright riding position?

Having said that I am glad there are those out there doing these mods that to me seem crazy as that sort of thinking has lead to all the great bikes we have to choose from today.

Example is who was the first guy at Ducati that said we should make a cruiser with on of our performance engines now we've got the diavel.

So keep doing goofy weird stuff to rides I wanna see what happens next

·
Registered
82 Posts
Let's compare the Diavel and the N1K? No comparison because they are two different bikes. Sport-tourer-cruiser/Sport tourer. Both powerful, both fast (N1K is faster in real life) one italian one Japanese, BIG price difference, and one amenable to modifications, and one like modifying the Statue of David, or a massariati. Seat height = 31-32", the other cruiser seat height of 26-28 in. The list goes on: but this thread exists because we are all connected to the great bike the Ninja 1000.
Thanks for letting me vent.
My mods ( though small) are in my signature .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts