RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming the fairings were either removed or modified, does anyone know if the SW-MOTECH engine protectors will fit on a 2009 650R/ER-6F? I am mostly concerned about the fairing mounting tabs that do not exist on the ER-6N frame being in the way.

I have seen pics of them installed on the 650R but it is a 2006-2008 model. Mine is a 2009.

Link to product:
http://www.twinshack.co.uk/prods/747.html

And installed pic I found on advrider.com:

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have no real answer to your question, just a comment that I like what was done to that bike in the picture. It takes balls to do something so different. Also, the dirtier it is, the better it looks.

I can comment that SW-Motech makes some great products, very well made and strong with great fitup. I had an SWM bash plate and engine guard on my KLR650 and it worked great.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if he had to move up the front fender and modify the brake lines to clear that front wheel.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From comparing some pics of the install on the ER-6N vs the fairing mounts on the ER-6F/650R I think it will fit. I borrowed some pics from the no-cut sliders thread for these.

Install on ER-6N:

And some pics of the fairing mounts:

It appears that there is just enough clearance between that fairing mount and where the engine protector would mount up but I want to be 100% sure before ordering otherwise I'd probably be stuck with them or best case I'd be out a bunch of shipping costs.

I emailed SW-MOTECH directly and they said they should fit but never actually tried it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts