12,996 Posts
Howabout....girls' lawnmowerbike!? :? :laugh:

......Merry Christmas to all and to all a good ride..... :cool:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Girles Lawnmower

Wished that I could pick one up for $99.99 in WalMart's Gardening department!:laugh:

Philip
'00 ZR-7

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
How would it look with a mower deck, a basket on the handle bars and tassles in the bar ends? :laugh: Bet it would be fun getting around the end of the hedges at 40mph.

Andy?????

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Girls bike, yea maybe stock. This little critter can be made into a track bike so quick as to make you wonder what a ZR7 really is, which may not compete with that "so called" girly SV. More to follow. Or just check some of the SBW references on the SV. Tom

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
Girls bike? Ok, so I'll ride a girls bike. I think the SV 650S (not so much the naked one) is one of the best looking bikes made (my opinion). In fact, yes, I'll admit it. I'm not ashamed to say that if I'd gotten the same deal on an SV-S as I did on my -7, I'd have jumped on the SV and never looked back. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my ZR (just passed 7000 miles since July 1st by the way), but give me a V-twin with the same power, weighs a whopping 100 pounds less, almost as comfy but way more sporty, and as Tom said, I would've forgotten how to say "ZR-7" long before I left the dealer lot. :rolleyes:

Emrah

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Andy's SV650 picture

Andy,

Now I've got to have one. I can earn a living trimming the local hedges and go riding at the same time...sign me up, brother!

Philip

·
Silver Member
881 Posts
An extract of lap times from the NSW road racing championships. You can turn almost anything into a decent track bike, but if I wanted one of those I would just have bought the Aprilia or an RGV, both of which would hose the SV on the track or in the twisties.

If you are gonna buy a V-twin you might as well buy a BIG V-twin IMHO.

Kawasaki ZRX 1100 1:18.352
Suzuki TLR 1000 1:19.366
Aprilia RS 250 1:19.826
Harley Davidson 12 1:21.724
Suzuki SV650 1:22.193
Honda Hornet 1:22.333

http://www.mcnews.com.au/MotorcycleRacing2001/NSW_Titles/R01_res.txt
http://www.mcnews.com.au/MotorcycleRacing2001/NSW_Titles/R02_res.txt

:)

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
girls bike :~ ....jus' messin' with ya....it was one that was considered, but part of my theory in buying the ZR is with 4 cylinders, it would probably ride better and last longer than a single or a 2 cylinder with the job it's doing. I had already about wore out an XR650L doing my commute. Granted, it's a dual sport (does everything, just not real well) and doing highway speeds with that thumper just tired it out. I considered the 650 V twin, the 600 4 cyl., the 750 Night Hawk and the Concours. But then I culled out anything below 700cc.....but it would still make a good lawnmower/snowplow/Barbie hauler.. :laugh: :laugh:.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts