RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...I think I found my next bike......

Anyone familiar with this new line of Suzuki Boulevard Cruisers..??

The looks of the bike + EFI + Shaft drive + MSRP $6799.00 are growing on me.....

Motorcycle.com came with a good review of the bike.

GSX-R-derived electronic fuel injection system features the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve System (SDTV) - maintains optimum air velocity in the intake tract for smooth low-to-mid rpm throttle response and high torque output - includes Auto Fast Idle System (AFIS)
I created a new album with several pictures of the bike. Pictures are big files (High Res.) dial-up users be aware.

http://public.fotki.com/Zapata/zapatas_portfolio/other_bikes/2005_suzuki_bouleva/

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've been looking at the Boulevard C50 with the full fenders, spoke wheels and floor boards. Those Suzuki's are great bikes. Both the C50 and the the model you are looking at are definately full size machines. The C50 is actually larger than some big twin model Harley's. I'd like to have one to keep my Bandit company in the garage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2007 boulevard M50

just bought my first suzuki. 07 M50.. feels like more than enuf power thru all gears.. comfortable ride. less chrome. great for guys like me who prefer ridin to polishing same goes for the mag wheels.. only drawback is sweep of the bars.. anyone tried changin? used to own a 95 yamha 750. loved that bike but tired of repairin.. lotsa chrome. but very comfortable and bars were nicely bent.. .

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I've liked the M50 since I first saw one a couple years ago. If I were to buy a less-than-1000cc cruiser right now it would be the M50 or a Kawi Vulcan Classic. I love the looks of both, but really dig the modern touches on the Suz. And since I'm only riding solo and not touring (i.e. with loaded bags, etc.), the smaller displacement would not be a problem.

·
Registered
972 Posts
My Dad has an '05 C50 with 20k trouble-free miles so far. It's a great bike all around, especially for someone like my Dad who's more interested in MPG than MPH. The M50 is, in my opinion, an outstanding variation that looks nearly perfect right out of the box. If the M50 were on the showroom floor in '04, there might not be a Mean Streak in the garage right now.

I gotta hand it to Kawasaki, though, 'cause I had the pleasure of riding the Vulcan 900 shortly after it came out and was very impressed. And this new variation, the Custom, gives it the style it needed to really win over some market share.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The only thing that kept me from buying the M 50 two years ago instead of my Mean streak was CC's. I was planning on doing a lot of 2 up riding in the mountains of CA. So my thinking was I needed a little more power. But I still admire an M 50 every time I see one and say to the Mrs. there's that bike I almost bought.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I owned an 07 M50 for 2000 miles. Awesome bike! Price was right. Handled well. Looked great. I sold it and bought the bike I "really" wanted...The Mean Streak! Before you buy the M50 make sure it is all the bike (800cc) you are going to want.

·
Registered
1 Posts
just bought my first suzuki. 07 M50.. feels like more than enuf power thru all gears.. comfortable ride. less chrome. great for guys like me who prefer ridin to polishing same goes for the mag wheels.. only drawback is sweep of the bars.. anyone tried changin? used to own a 95 yamha 750. loved that bike but tired of repairin.. lotsa chrome. but very comfortable and bars were nicely bent.. .
I have a 2006 M50 that I purchased this Spring with about 9,000 miles on it. Motorcycle Consumer News did a thorough evaluation of the M50 back in 2005 and gave it very high remarks (4.5/5.0). Their only major complaint was braking distance in a panic situation. The rear drum brake does not peform as well as a disc. Frankly I have been very satisfied with braking performance. I only weigh 135 lbs and it stops plenty fast with just me aboard. The handlebars are indeed a bit far forward and spread out. Another forum member, Kaloman, noted the same issue. I did rotate the handlebars down which does bring the grips closer to the rider. My last bike was a Yamaha Virago 750 which had very comfortable handlebars that came back and down....I think they call the style bull horns. I'd also be curious if anyway has looked at replacing the handle bars with a non-stock item.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The M-50 is a very nice cruiser and in the under 1000 cc it is definitly in the top three of its class, only complaint would be the drum brake but it is not a deal breaker.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought an M50

So far so good with my 05 M50. But it didn't come with a manual. Anyone know where I can get one?

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
So far so good with my 05 M50. But it didn't come with a manual. Anyone know where I can get one?
Try eBay. No official owners manuals, but the repair manuals are probably even better: http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=suzuki+m50+manual&_sacat=See-All-Categories

If you can't find a new or used manual cheap online, I'm sure a local dealer could get you one.

You might also look to see if there is a dedicated Suzuki cruiser site, maybe even one for the M50. Many forums have downloadable owners manuals or on CDs they copy and share with forum members.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Itztli

I own a 2011 M50 and absolutely love it. The only comment I would make is that the rear brake could be a fraction stronger. I have added a National Cycle Vstream screen to it(designed for the M90 but fits OK) and a set of Saddlemen saddlebags.
I use it mainly for weekend rides and occasionally for commuting to work. I live in Auckland(New Zealand) and am fortunate enough to own a property on the Corromandel Penninsula(3 hours South of Auckland) so get the opportunity to travel some bike friendly roads.
I find the bike feels light to ride and handles well for my skill level. It is comfortable for my height(185 cm) but some of my shorter friends comment on how easy it is to put their feet down when stopped.
Hope this helps with your decision.

Cheers

Tuftim

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hi Itztli

I own a 2011 M50 and absolutely love it. The only comment I would make is that the rear brake could be a fraction stronger. I have added a National Cycle Vstream screen to it(designed for the M90 but fits OK) and a set of Saddlemen saddlebags.
I use it mainly for weekend rides and occasionally for commuting to work. I live in Auckland(New Zealand) and am fortunate enough to own a property on the Corromandel Penninsula(3 hours South of Auckland) so get the opportunity to travel some bike friendly roads.
I find the bike feels light to ride and handles well for my skill level. It is comfortable for my height(185 cm) but some of my shorter friends comment on how easy it is to put their feet down when stopped.
Hope this helps with your decision.

Cheers

Tuftim
It has been 7 years. I believe he may have made his decision already.

·
Banned
3,123 Posts
Hi there i just owned M50 2007, wanna know which is the best engine oil for it in New Zealand? thnx
I don't think we have many users here from your part of the world.
My advice is: Don't fret trying to find the "best" oil......because you never will.
Just use a brand name bike-specific oil from a bike shop.
Synthetic is probably best but if you change it at or before the recommended intervals, any "good" oil is the best.

I personally use Mobil 1 bike oil. I think it's 10W40.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts