RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about the rest of you, but that was the best Super Bowl that I can remember. Unless, any of you can remember the Green Bay championships back in the early '60s when Vince Lombardi was the Coach of football championships. Tom :cool:

And it happened for an East Coast team!

·
Registered
373 Posts
What Superbowl

I missed the game. We were out flying a mission tonight. :mad:
Thank goodness for TIVO :laugh:

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
That was a good game. I can't remember a Super Bowl coming down to the last few seconds like that.

·
Wants to be "Fade"....
2,600 Posts
Nothing like that Dallas-Greenbay championship game in the early 60's where Star piles it over from the one............I forgot what year but I like to see football played in the elements. I want to see them freezing their asses off with mud,ice,blood,and guts all over their jerseys where your bearly able to make out who is who. :D :D :D
But last nights game ranks as one of the best. Besides an underdog kicking their *** with 800 million people watching... ole John Madden had to eat his words at the end of the game when he said the Pats should just run the clock out and go to overtime.
No wonder the fat ******* is just broadcasting:laugh: :laugh:
If you don't go for the gold:) .........stay home!!!!!

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
Not being a big football fan (I know, I know, sacrilage in the States), I really didn't watch the game. But, I happened to tune into the half time show as U2 was performing. Being a U2 fan, I sat throught thr first song "Beautiful Day", then was absolutley riveted by the second, "Where the Streets Have No Name" as they did a tribute to the victims of Sep. 11th.

I can honetly say that I was in tears and unable to move, it was that powerful. I guess everyone dealt with their emotions differently after the attacks, but I always felt a little guilty that I'd never openly broke down about it. Always got choked up, but was stuck in limbo. No tears had ever flowed (for whatever good that would have done). But not yesterday. It actually felt really good to get it over with.

The song (probably my favourite U2 song), the energy, the people roaring, and the sheet/screen with all the victim's names was probably the most stirring thing I've ever seen on t.v.

Getting choked up thinking about it now, so I'm going to go. I'm glad to hear (for you die hard fans) that the game was equally as good.

Emrah

·
THE JUDGE
711 Posts
Emrah, I agree....wow....that was incredible and there certainly wasn't a dry eye around here! Ya know, we hear about this one and that one who died....but to see the names scroll by...makes me cry even thinking about it. It made me hate Bin Laden even more if that was possible...

I also loved all the tributes to the troops! I thought that was great....

Mariah Carey, could have done without her...just heard too much about her big head (but I'll admit the woman can sing like crazy!).

The game...awesome. I was for the Patriots the whole time and my husband and I were bragging at half time to the others who were for the RAMs....we shut up later but exploded with the way that game ended! It was a great one!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well, let's just say that Boston was a little bit nutty last night. Driving home, I went through at least 3 intersections that were brimming with pedestrians waving flags, and cheering, with the people in cars honking in celebration and leaning out windows to give random people high-fives. There weren't any riots or anything like that; as of 1230, there hadn't been any arrests, so you know that everyone was just in such a fatastic state of mind.

While slightly lengthy, this article probably best describes how it feels to be a New England sports fan after last night.

·
Registered
176 Posts
the pre-game

Not much gets me misty...but I found myself standing in front of the TV and reciting the declaration of independance along with all the nfl people and politicos.... I also really liked the Abraham Lincoln segment.

As a video editor..I'd have loved to have put those together...

and the game....soooo sweeet.

shawn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts