RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here. I've had my mean streak for 2 years now it's a 2005 meanie.. question is... is the sunburst orange metallic a rare color or something? When I look up the colors for my year it shows black and a crimson red or something like that... then at a harleys dealer that also had kawasaki dealer in back they were saying it was rare and that he had never seen it in that color... thoughts? Input?

·
Registered
112 Posts
The dealer was either lying or didn't know what they were talking about. I appears your bike was repainted. Dead giveaway is the lack of the tribal sticker on the tank. That decal is under the clear coat. It can't be removed without repainting the tank. That orange color is actually called Magna Red. Go figure. You can see all the paint names and codes for all the years at ColorRite Motorcycle Paint

Tribal

No tribal

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bike has no shading of red to it in the daylight or at night...did the magma red have a yellow metallic or pearl to it also...

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've only seen one in person once. Don't recall seeing metallic or pearl in it. If you have that, it too lends to the idea yours was painted.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a "pearl magma red" 2005 as well. The best I can figure is that there was alcohol involved when they named the color. It's definitely more orange than red.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Newbie here. I've had my mean streak for 2 years now it's a 2005 meanie.. question is... is the sunburst orange metallic a rare color or something? When I look up the colors for my year it shows black and a crimson red or something like that... then at a harleys dealer that also had kawasaki dealer in back they were saying it was rare and that he had never seen it in that color... thoughts? Input?
If you are looking to repaint this bike don't go to color rite.Just take a part with your color to an automotive paint supplier. They can scan the color and match it. I have tried to use color rite in the past and their colors don't always match. They are way overpriced as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for the paint info. I've been trying to find the name of my original pearled orangish-red meanine for some time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts