RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 06' 650r back in 2007. There weren't many options for changing the riding posistion except for either drag bars or suburban machinery bars...

Now there are sport bars, which look way better than my SM bar.

Does anyone have any pictures that they can post (side view) of SM bar vs Sport bar?

I don't imagine there's much difference.

I'm considering lowering my bike in the front. It looks, although I'm not certain, that the bike could be lowered more if the Sport bars were on my bike, rather than the SM bar.

Thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
quick search gave me these...why does nobody want to use the search command. I almost never post a question because there is so much information on here that I always find the answer without asking

·
Registered
15 Posts
One advantage of the sm bars is that they can be rotated. The sport bars are at a fixed position. And I like the look of the sm bars.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
618 Posts
i love my sm bars...look better in my opinion than the sport bars...and i dont plan on lowering the bike

·
Registered
177 Posts
i love my sm bars...look better in my opinion than the sport bars...and i dont plan on lowering the bike
Same here. Sport bars look like they don't belong. I still may try the sport bars someday, just to see if they actually feel any better.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I went with the sportbars because they are made of more parts so if you can down you might get lucky and only have to replace one bar which is a $15 part instead of the whole handlebar at ~$140. I think the SportBars were slightly cheaper as well.

I can't decide which looks better. They both look pretty good, just different. I think I slightly prefer the look of the SM bars.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
If you are going to lower the bike might as well throw on clip ons.
Lots of clearance issues on the '09+ with clipons. The 06-08 have no problems mounting them above the triple though as far as I have read on here.

·
Registered
228 Posts
the previous post about replacement parts makes sense, my wife had a parking lot tipover (at a dead stop) and her SM bar bent just enough for her bar end to dent her tank. The bend isn't even visible unless you put a s straight edge on the bar, but just that minor incident made an expensive handlebar worthless. Luckily I had a stock bar and she likes the upright position better anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts