RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know that this is a stupid question, but which direction do I need to turn the idle adjustment screw to up the idle speed. I recently cleaned my air filter, which i believe is a K&N, and since i have done this it doesn't want to idle very well. I have tried turning the screw in each direction and it doesn't seam to make a difference. So my stupid questions are which way increase the idle and vice versa. I also have another question that hopefully the bike gurus can answer for me. Why does it seam to have made a difference in the idle after I cleaned the air filter. Also hesitates at low rpm which it never did before I cleaned the filter, what could be causing this?

TIA for any help

Isaac

·
Registered
986 Posts
You did re-oil the filter didn't you?
The system is set up with a certain amount of restriction on the inlet side.
Alternatively you may have just reasembled something wrongly.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I re-oiled it, let it sit for about 1.5 hours before oiling it and the about 1.5 hours before installing it. What could I have done to reassemble it wrong? I did read that I could think about leaving the white plastic w/foam filter. I did leave it out originally could this have been the problem?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, that's what I needed to know.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Agree with the lean condition. I'd take another look inside the air box for starters. Also, did you remove the bottom portion of the airbox for some reason? If so, it's not too difficult to reinstall it incorrectly so it's not sealing properly. Also, look to make sure a vacuum cap didn't pop off one of the carbs during fuel tank raising/lowering. Check your "carb boots" for leaks, too, but that would be coincidental.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts