RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 bandit 1200s that I'm thinking about turning into a streetfighter. Since those bike lack performance but handle really good I figure it would fall as a perfect candidate. What do y'all think?

·
Banned
3,123 Posts
I have a 2001 bandit 1200s that I'm thinking about turning into a streetfighter.
I think that rat bikes are really cool.........IF they are created the original way, by building up a wreck out of parts from the scrap yard.
To take a perfectly good, working bike and tear it DOWN I think is just sad and is cheating, in a way.

And what exactly leads you to believe that a "streetfighter" lacks performance ??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't... Just about 90% of most street fighters are sport touring bikes. You can go super fast on them but the wind beats u up so bad that you rather just cruise on it and if you damage a fairing on a cbr or gsxr 9 times of 10 your gonna find a replacement fairing for it. Mainly bc that bike is worth more as a mismatched whole bike than a streetfighter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
"True" streetfighters are about bad *** performance as well as that tough look, too many people remove fairings, and put a streetfighter headlight on, and dig out a can of flat black, then say oh look its a streefighter.......
a "Street fighter", is supposed to be quick, agile and good for cutting through the streets. not so much for a nice leasure ride in the country. like a cross of a cafe and a sportbike, basic, minimal body, and balls out performance........my opinion yes, but I have researched it over the last eight or so years

1 - 4 of 4 Posts