RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh hello! I didn't see you there.

Anywho, I recently fell and broke almost all the plastic parts of my 2014 Ninja 650....
I took it in to the shop to get an estimate and they quoted me 4,300 for parts and if I wanted them to do it, 5,200... I paid 5,100 for this bike brand new.... LMAO.

So... Here it goes. I been looking around and I saw this bike online that I really LOVE the style. I wanna do it to my bike. Here is a picture of that bike

I currently have taken off my fairings, made the cluster work as in the picture by cutting it.

My questions are as follows:
  1. Where is his coolant reservoir? Do I need it or can I just take it off?
  2. How big is his light? (guess) and where can I get one like that, that will fit on the bike properly?
  3. Is his cluster bar cut? Mine has some extra metal, I can't tell from his picture but maybe he put blinkers on them?

Here are some pictures of mine:
IMG_20160803_200239_825.jpg IMG_20160803_200246_673.jpg IMG_20160803_200256_433.jpg IMG_20160803_200304_838.jpg IMG_20160803_200310_565.jpg

Thank you!

I really want to start riding again....
My new bars should be in soon as those ones are bent in the picture.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm interested in this as well. I'm lucky that most of my fairings are in excellent shape. I just like the look so I've removed all but the front headlight assembly. I actually found someone who did this and have to search for the article again. When I find it I'll send you the link. FYI: you can buy all the fairing for just about $500... Kawasaki Ninja 650R Fairings?Ninja 650R Fairing Kits,Ninja Fairings for sale

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm interested in this as well. I'm lucky that most of my fairings are in excellent shape. I just like the look so I've removed all but the front headlight assembly. I actually found someone who did this and have to search for the article again. When I find it I'll send you the link. FYI: you can buy all the fairing for just about $500... Kawasaki Ninja 650R Fairings?Ninja 650R Fairing Kits,Ninja Fairings for sale
I thought about leaving the headlight assembly on there, however I looked closer and it's got a crack that's gotten bigger over the last week due to the riding vibrations. It looked bad so I just took it off and I feel the retro light would look better. :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
  1. Where is his coolant reservoir? Do I need it or can I just take it off? Res is on the right side of the bike (if youre sitting on it). PLastic bottle, ugly as hell filled with coolant. replace it! get a decent sport bottle (aluminum type) pop some barbs in it and run the hoses into the can. attach with zipties/ clamps/tape/whatever to the frame.
  2. How big is his light? (guess) and where can I get one like that, that will fit on the bike properly?Looks like a 7 or 8 inch dominator. find em on ebay, cheap. youll also need mounting brackets, also on ebay and tons of styles to make it look cool too.
  3. Is his cluster bar cut? Mine has some extra metal, I can't tell from his picture but maybe he put blinkers on them?Cant tell there but there are many, many different lights that attach in many ways. Find some you like and then figure a way/place to mount them

Search up on the swaps you want and message guys with build threads (like me) if you need help. there are also some awesome fighter forums out there that have more info than you can shake a stick at (customfighters is pretty good).

Good luck with your build and post pics!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:)

1. Where is his coolant reservoir? Do I need it or can I just take it off? Res is on the right side of the bike (if youre sitting on it). PLastic bottle, ugly as hell filled with coolant. replace it! get a decent sport bottle (aluminum type) pop some barbs in it and run the hoses into the can. attach with zipties/ clamps/tape/whatever to the frame.
  2. How big is his light? (guess) and where can I get one like that, that will fit on the bike properly?Looks like a 7 or 8 inch dominator. find em on ebay, cheap. youll also need mounting brackets, also on ebay and tons of styles to make it look cool too.
  3. Is his cluster bar cut? Mine has some extra metal, I can't tell from his picture but maybe he put blinkers on them?Cant tell there but there are many, many different lights that attach in many ways. Find some you like and then figure a way/place to mount them

Search up on the swaps you want and message guys with build threads (like me) if you need help. there are also some awesome fighter forums out there that have more info than you can shake a stick at (customfighters is pretty good).

Good luck with your build and post pics!!

Thank you for your help and thoughts! :p

I'm having trouble finding a nice looking 8" headlight that will mount. I'm a bit stuck on this.

As for the coolant I think I am going to do what you said and build my own little small aluminum reservoir. :)

After I get off work, I got my good camera today so I will take some pictures of this "extra metal" I have around my cluster. It just looks like it's all over the place lol. Wanna make it look sexy.:agree::dance:

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Pretty sure that bike was one of our members from a few years ago. Also if you can find one of Kojiiros posts and send him an email he can tell you how to go naked, he used to switch his back and forth all of the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts