RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock exaust can for the ZR-7 that I kept after installing a 2Bros can to keep as a spare in case I ever went down and needed to replace the exaust. I have traded in my ZR-7 for a ZRX so I don't need the spare anymore. If someone is interested in a spare can, I would be willing to give it to them if they pay for shipping costs. That's it no cost for the can, just pay shipping. E-mail me if you are interested [email protected]

·
Silver Member
881 Posts
Doh ! Very nice offer but...why didnt you just keep the 2Bros can and trade the ZR-7 with the std can?

Kawasaki cans are either 1.25 or 1.50 inch diameter and are very interchangable.

I run a ZX-9 carbon can on my ZR-7.

:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the can may have fit but the brackets looked alot different. I could have probably made it work but I have a few other plans for the ZRX. I also didn't want to go through the hassel of selling it although I guess it wouldn't have been any harder than giving away the stock can. It also had a scratch or two in it. So, maybe I should have put the stock can back on when I traded it in but know the next lucky person to own it will be one step ahead. (Has the nice, color matched rifle fairing with a smoke screen too). Anyway, I'll have the nice green glow of the ZRX to make help me forget about past follies :)

Mike B

·
Registered
46 Posts
Please Pick Me!

Mbceft:

That is one hell of a nice offer. I need to replace my stock can real bad. As I posted last month, I went down on my bike and trashed my pipe among other things. I was just going to live with the terrible scratches because I cant afford another can now. So hopefully it is still available.

Now if anyone has a stock right engine (pulsing) cover, or right mirror that they dont need....

I didn't think so. Crashing sucks!

Mike (Canyondog)
http://www.canyondogs.com

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stock Can

I have had about 10 responses to my post for a free ZR-7 exaust can so I'll have to assume that one of them will work out and it will no longer be available. If that status changes, I'll be sure to post it again.

Mike B

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Hey Mike, 10 responses, that quick. Wow, there is a real call for stock parts on this thing now, huh ? Guess so. Looks like the ZRX is a popular upgrade from the ZR. From what I've read, it sounds absolutely awesome. I'd love to own one, but I must say one thing, don't get mad at me. I hate the graphics and that fairing. The blue, purple scheme is a little better, but. I've seen the ZRX in another market with a ZR7s type fairing. It looked so sweet with the modern looking fairing. If that were available, I'd be very hot for it. I know about the history of the current look, but history doesn't always tug at my heart strings. I'm more of a luster of sexy lines, than a keeper of history.

I was wondering if another fairing would fit the ZRX. That and a paint job would transform it into a mystery muscle bike like no other. Just my opinion. I know the current model has many fans, so, it must have alot to offer, even in the looks dept. Let's hear about what you have in store for your ride. Or have you already in "other bikes" and I missed it ?

Tony:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ZRX

You don't have to worry about hurting my feelings on not liking the looks. I think its on of those bikes you either like or you don't. I just happen to be old enough to remember the GPZs of the 80's as well as Supuerbike racing of that time. To me, it's perfect, to others, not so good. As far as fairings go, they sell a ZRX version with a fairing similar to the ZR-7S in Europe. Maybe they will bring it here some day. It looks pretty nice but not what really pulls me in. Kawai green, white and purple with a bikini fairing is they way to go for me. But that is why there are so many different brands and models. Everyone has their own tastes. I had my ZR-7 for 2 years and 10,000 miles so I'll post a report after some seat time on the ZRX and give a comparison.

Mike B

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Hey Mike B. get with Mike (canyondog) on your stock pipe, if ya still have it, he's needing one. I have one sitting upstairs, but want to keep it in case I trash my Yoshi. Thanks Man, Tom :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stcok Exaust Can

He has already contacted me off list. I wish I could help him but he wasn't the first to reply. I've already recieved money from someone else and the can will be gone monday. I know he needs one after his crash but to be fair I have to honor my commitment to the first person that responded.

Mike B

1 - 10 of 10 Posts