RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has tackled this one. From what I've read you'd have to make a custom bracket and go with a universal damper. Just wondering if anyone has done this mod and how they went about doing so!

·
Registered
8,696 Posts
Almost 100% guarantee, someone will respond and tell you you dont need one. Thats almost a guarantee in any damper thread.

For sure, ignore that.

Beg, borrow, steal and do whatever is necessary to get one. Its one of the nicest accessories I've ever added to my bike. I wish I could offer specific help, but do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on lowering my bike to add clip ons so I think a damper would be 100% necessary. I just found brakets for the 2014 model and Im ordering everything this weekend. I'm excited to see how everything turns out!

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I agree, if you are making modifications that cause inherent instability, you should get a damper. Like rcannon mentioned, I am in the camp that believes the 650 does not need one. I usually just worry that people add one to cover up another issue. I'd never tell anyone not to get one, just that the money could be better spent on other things but if that is your only plan, then it makes sense. The forum has been a bit slow lately but I am pretty sure I have seen threads about dampers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts