RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently having major stress issues with my '06 650. I didn't start her all winter, bad idea i know, but i was really busy and yes, forgot. So when i pulled her out last week, she just kept turning over and not firing, and completely starting. I replaced the spark plugs, oil, cleaned the gas and still the same problem. The fuel pump is working fine from what i hear. So could it be a dirty fuel filter? Bad carb? Please tell me i didn't bosch her up too bad...oh and a good battery as well.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Did you put fuel treatment in it when you parked it? If not you probably need to clean the throttle bodies. Fuel filter should be replaced. Drain the fuel tank and add new fuel.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just put fuel cleaner in it now. So no. Not before I parked it. I doubt its the throttle bodies cause they were cleaned last year and worked on. I really was hoping i wouldn't have to replace that ****. I put more fuel and cleaner in it. Do i need to drain the tank before i take it off? or what?

·
Registered
561 Posts
No you don't have to drain it before you pull it. Only a few drips will come out. That gas is def bad. Cleaner won't do anything. You technically don't have to pull it. You can just siphon it out with a hose and you mouth.

·
Registered
671 Posts
With fuel having 10% or more ethanol in it fuel goes bad in about two months or so. Ethanol attracts water so if fuel sits you will have water in your tank. Water does not compress or burn like we would like it to. Drain the tank and it should be fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'd check the battery again. The same thing happened to me. Throw it on a charger for a few hours and see if that doesn't cure your problem. And a new fuel filter and fuel won't hurt, too.

·
Registered
806 Posts
What kind of fuel filter would you use..an in-line one. Ours is part of the pump assembly isn't it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts